(Sorry for this long post but please read) Ever since I can remember, I have really bad throat problems. My parents never really did anything about it but try a couple of "mexican remedies" on me or give me penicillin because we didn't have health insurance. When I was a freshman in high school, I went to the nurse telling her my throat hurt. My symptoms always were: stinging pain on my tonsils, difficulty turning head, pulsing in my ears, tenderness right under jaw, white mucus like stuff on my tonsils, tonsil stones, canker sores, and sometimes fever. She took one look at them and said it was strep throat and immediately sent me home and told my parents they NEEDED to take me to the doctor. Finally my parents took me and the doctor swabbed my tonsils and told me the same thing as the nurse and prescribed antibiotics. I kept getting sick, kept going to the nurse, and kept getting sent home. One day my mom got tired of all the money they were spending and told the doctor she wanted to know why I was getting so sick. He sent me to another doctor where they drew blood, ran some tests and told us I had low white blood cell count and a very weak immune system. He said it was nothing too serious at the moment and to not worry about it. 5 years later and I'm still getting strep throat. I get it about every two months, sometimes I even get it every month. I get tonsil stones about every two weeks and canker sores literally all the time. I always have AT LEAST ONE canker sore at my mouth, i'm not exaggerating. What I want to know is, should I be worried? Is this serious or common? Seriously i'm just so tired of it. I'm in college now and I cannot afford to be getting sick once a month. Sometimes I don't even tell my teachers but they notice i'm sick and I have to tell them it's strep and they send me home and excuse my absence. I can't eat. I can't turn my head without wincing in pain. I seriously cry any moment I'm alone. I stopped complaining about it but tonight I had enough! I told my mom to take me to the doctor and she said to stop exaggerating. She said she would get me penicillin tomorrow and that the doctor was going to charge us a lot of money to just prescribe antibiotics like always. She also said it was my fault because I eat junk food. Theres been times where I go months without eating even one potato chip and I still get sick. I'm just so tired of it! What do I do? Is there somewhere I can go without my mom? I'm sick and tired and I don't know what to do. Please help me.

By the way, I don't know why the tags say birth control. I don't know if any of that might have anything to do with it but i've never taken birth control, I've never even had sex before. (i'm the one who posted the question)