I think I might be having frequent strep throat symptoms –it is the second time this month I have got them and my doc first told me it couldn't be treated for it usually goes away on its own but heck here it is again –throat pain accompanied with swallowing problem and now I myself could see my tonsils are red and swollen and also I think my lymph glands are swollen. Do you also think those are strep throat symptoms? I also have high fever from yesterday and I do think I need some meds to take so I wonder how those strep throat symptoms are usually treated or it is truth the condition like this goes on its own.

Those are for sure strep throat symptoms and it is very common they are caused by some viral infection in which situation no treatment is needed but if those strep throat symptoms are caused by some bacteria –which is more likely in your case- than some antibiotics should be included. It also should be treated urgently for if this bacteria is left untreated it could lead to some more severe complications such as rheumatic fever –maybe you have it already-but also painful joints and even some skin rash. Also if not treated those strep throat symptoms could result in severe cases with heart valves damage as well as with kidney inflammation. Anyway I think you should go recheck your condition for to me it is obvious that your strep throat symptoms are caused by the bacteria called Streptococcus pyogenes or it might also be caused by streptococcus that belongs to A beta-hemolytic group. Usually the treatment is based on taking antibiotics such as penicillin, amoxicillin or clyndamicin.