okay im so confused and scared. i am 19, have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for awhile now almost 2 years and i have been on bc since 7 months.. we dont use protection other then bc and sometimes condoms.... well this last month and a half i missed a couple pills in weeks apart from eachother but always took the two the next day. well i usually get a light very light period the 4th week of when my bc's up. and this last month i didnt recieve anything but cramps... im a little worried and i dont know if its because the amount of stress that i have on my and the worryness about other things. or its because me messing up on my birth control made me not have my period.... or thati am in fact pregnant.... my breasts do seem swollen but I dont know how far along i will be, i am going to go get a test and take it in the morning. i know there is a chance i might be... but me missing my period... is that possible if you do miss a couple pills here and there it can prevent a period. it always seemed like my periods would get lighter and lighter. i am on a generic for lesotrin 24. ...
please let me no thank you,.

also what are my chances of getting pregnant with no protection other then birth control.. im new to all this stuff and i just want to make sure i dont mess up....

The first thing I'll say is, in answer to your last question about the success rate of Birth Control pills, both the combined and progesterone-only pills have a success rate of about 92% when used on their own as a contraceptive. However this is dependent on them being taken properly.

The instructions I have on my pills (I'm on Loestorin-30 but I imagine the instructions are similar for most contraceps) is that if you miss a pill you should take it as soon as you remember, which may involve taking two in a day, but if you plan to have sex you must use another form of contraceptive such as a condom for the next week after the missed pill. I certainly never left it to chance when I missed a pill and wouldn't have continued to reply solely on the bc to stop me from becoming pregnant. Did you have unprotected sex within a week of missing your bc tablet? If so then yes, getting a test to make sure is the best option.

That's all I can say really: if you're scared that you're pregnant, get a test. It's safer to know for sure than leave it and keep worrying. The breast tenderness on its own may not be cause for concern though, I've heard other friends of mine complain of similar swelling/soreness and it's just part of their natural cycle.

Hope it all works out okay for you though.