My baby has three months and I’m breastfeeding. I was thinking about continuing my birth control therapy as soon as possible. I was on logest for 3 years, before I decided to have a baby. Is it ok to have bc pills while breastfeeding? I know that logest is with lowest concentration of hormones.

It is not safe for your baby. Hormones from bcps are absorbed and are excreted in your milk, so your baby would ingest hormones! Else, hormones make milk tastes different. It is not recommended to take meds that excrete in milk while breastfeeding. Try with local contraception, pharmexpert or something like that.

Women who take birth control pills while breastfeeding typically get a lower dose of the hormones than in normal BC pills, because you will indeed pass the hormones on to your baby. I would recommend against it, as another poster did, for that reason alone.

HOWEVER, I have a friend who was nursing, on birth control pills, and just discovered she is pregnant - again. Her children will be about 11 months apart - not what she wanted at all. It CAN happen...please take this into consideration!