My daughter is 16 is on taking mild birth control pills. At the start of her
period her blood was brown and black. Today when she took out herl
tampon the blood was black. ( Note she also smokes) This has never
happen before, should she be concerned?

Hi, I'm 16 too, and I get that all the time. Its blood clots, and it's normal. Normally mine will be slightly brown to start, then inbetween it'll be red, and towards the end of my cycle it'll be brown again. My health teacher said it's normal for everyone. So I wouldn't worry

That is definately NOT normal. You should see a doctor instead of asking people online. AND YOU SHOULD STOP SMOKING BEFOR YOU GET A BLOOD CLOT AND DIE. OR SUFFER FROM A HEART ATTACT OR STROKE. SEE SOMEONE.

umm first of all your her mother and shes 16 !! why would you allow her to smoke??? That is normal tho.....every girl gets them during their period . At the begining of the cycle it will be light brown almost red , in the middle reddish..and at the very end dark brown. Dont worry about it :-)

At 16 she is old enough to make her own decisions. Anyway her mom can't stop her from smoking, argueing and falling isn't going to make a difference.

I didn't mean to say she was old enough to make her own decisions imeant yo say she has to be old enough.