Hello. For the first time in my life it happened to me that I have a very strange black vaginal discharge. I haven’t had sex in ages and when I did, it was with a condom, so I am ruling out an STD. Is there anybody who has also experienced black vaginal discharge? What did you do? Thx heaps for your replies

This happened to me as well, so I did a little research on my own. I found out that abnormal ovarian functions can produce an abrupt change of the estrogen and progesterone production at a very short period of time. This usually happens at the ovulation day or the beginning of a period, but for us it happened differently and each of these changes drop the progesterone level enough to product a light spotting. The uterine lining bleeds extremely slowly in each abrupt change, and the spotting blood stays long enough to be oxidized and turned to black inside your uterus. This oxidized blood will be expelled into the vagina for discharge with cervical mucus. This is where we got the black discharge.

i also have that weird black discharge but there was this horrible itch for a short period too. is it still alright then?

I had the same black discharge but mine started after i had a depo injection (which i stopped after two injections) and it carried on, on and off for around a year untill i started taking the pill and now i have come off the pill it has recently started again!

i am 17 years old and just had a baby in february. it took me a while to get some form of birth control, but when i did, i received the pill. i started my period two weeks ago on a saturday. so i had to take the pill the sunday AFTER i started my period, which was the next day. well, i was only on my period for a day and i asked my mother (since she is a doctor) and she said that the pill shortened my period. well, about two days ago, i went to use the bathroom and a huge black clot came out of my vagina. i didnt know what to think. so my husband bought me a pregnancy test and it said negative...just to make sure i didnt have a miscarriage. well, the bleed has continued and i just got out of the bathroom....and there was a full tissue full of one big black clot of blood. HELP ME PLEASE....i have looked it up and it could be a sign of a miscarriage, and im have very mild cramps in my stomach. i did have some problems during pregnancy at which i almost lost my daughter at 6 months. and i did have a miscarriage over a year ago. i dont know what is happening. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i have also experienced the black clot discharge WHATEVER it is.

i have no clue what to think.

ive been reading so many things about it.

QUESTIONS and ANSWERS

and also....others who have been through the same.

yet i still worrie!!!!!

is there anyONE that can dive me a REASURRENCE that i am not PREGNANT OR HAVE SOME KIND OF STD.

ive been to the clinic latelie.got birth control

and also got

i looked inside my knickers today and i had really smelly black discharge..IM ONLY 12 AND IM SCARED!! whats wrong with me???

Usually a black discharge is old blood making it's escape. Hormones are weird things, If you have screwed up your hormones by taking pills and other things you can figure your body is trying to make sense of it all and will try to ovulate and set itself on course. So you end up with a few screwed periods. I bled for 44 days before the doc set me on another course.
You have to realize that you have altered your body's natural course by putting hormones into it. It regards this intrusion and responds. Checking back with your doc with what your body is experiencing and knowing that you are free from STD's is a huge relief.

are you sure it si not blood?

Can taking One A Day womens vitamins alter your hormones too?

hunni i think yoo just got your period im guessing you havent started yet well if u have all the sympotoms of starting breasts pubic hair then its your period congrats x

i am 16. i have been feeling nauseous for the past 4 days and then today i found a big blob of black discharge. my periods lately have been off. i had a pd for 8 days then 6 days after had another for 7 days. i have not had sex since june 2008 and im not preg. i have been of my period for2 weeks now.

To the 16 year old I am 19 I am having the same problem but a lil longer... I was wondering if I was pregnant... I just know I am getting sick of being nauseated.

As all you ladies said, I too had this Black coal looking discharge. It had a really bad odor which made me feel very uncomfortable being around others. I just had surgery a week ago and they cut a portion of my cervix out. I know many of you were worried if it had something to do with pregnancy...probably not. I had to take a blood test prior to surgery so pregnancy is ruled out. I think it may be old dried up blood, tomorrow I'll call my OBGYN and find out if thats what it really is.

Good Luck

thank you I just thought that I had some sort of infection because I cut myself shaving well I thought I got cut didn't see blood but felt a nick so I didn't pay mind to it, and then that night I saw the discharge it scared me c**p-less. but is it bad if your estrogen or progesterone changes is it like something to worry about?