my period was only a couple days late and today i thought i got my period but its like brown almost black discharge not normal menstrual blood i have gotten brown discharge before but not as steady as this me and my husband do not use protection as we were trying to concieve. whats wrong with me!!

I also had the brownish, blackish discharge before I had actually got my period, this was kind of worrying to me but later I went to see my gynecologist and he said it’s just natural and nothing to worry about.
There are a few reasons for brownish discharge appearance:
The brownish discharge in your cervical mucus could be the old blood that didn’t leave the uterus during your last menstruation cycle.
Also it can be a consequence of some infection, but don’t you worry too early, wait and see what will happen next.
If your period is late then it may be the implantation which means you are pregnant.
If you are using the birthcontrol pills, it also might be the cause.
Nevertheless, I think it is too early to worry about, your period is only a couple of days late, if you have had a slight cold it could have delayed your period.

ok, my period was a day or so late too, and then I thought i started but it was just brown almost blackish discharge and when i pee theres no blood on the toliet or when i wipe, just that discharge. And this has been going on a couple days.. whats going on?

Something simillar is happening to me...It's been a few months since I got my period...when I did get it...it was very heavy all the time...now it suddenly stopped and today I'm having slight pain in my abdomen....but no blood...there is only a light brown frothy substance coming from me....I'm not sexualy active....so I cannot be pregnant....I was told it was stress....but stress has NEVER kept me from my periods for a total of 4 months.....What is wrong with me?

OK, the same is happening to me. I don't get my period regularly, it just does what it wants lately (for the past 7 months or so) but I had my period (a light one) a couple of weeks ago, and now the past 4 days, when I urinate, no blood in toilet, but when I wipe, I get this black/brown mucus.

I am just starting a new job next week (was unemployed for 5 weeks) so it could be stress, I know the body can react strangely but this is making me nervous...

Has anyone found out what it is?

Its been 2 months and i havent got my period yet. the day it was due i was seeing brown stain and i kept seeing this brown thing for over a week and once i masterbated my pad was full of this brown thing. me and my boyfriend dont have real sex. he enters his penis but not too much, not till the end and my vagina or i dont know what they call it, is not broken. but some times he keeps his penis and some sperm comes out but i dont think any of it entered inside me. i am really worried that i might be pregnant. please reply. im worried and i dont want to be pregnant. thanks

any penetration is real sex and yes you can get pregnant like that.

sheena wrote:

Sadperson wrote:

Its been 2 months and i havent got my period yet. the day it was due i was seeing brown stain and i kept seeing this brown thing for over a week and once i masterbated my pad was full of this brown thing. me and my boyfriend dont have real sex. he enters his penis but not too much, not till the end and my vagina or i dont know what they call it, is not broken. but some times he keeps his penis and some sperm comes out but i dont think any of it entered inside me. i am really worried that i might be pregnant. please reply. im worried and i dont want to be pregnant. thanks[/quote

My period usually comes on the 21st day after the last time it ended but i'm now on day 28 and i haven't seen it. So i went and bought a pregnancy test and while i was taking it i noticed that i was having a brownish almost black discharge. The test showed negative but i started the pill today after all this happened. What might be the cause of the discharge and was starting the pill today a good idea?

need answers please,
maddr

im 17 and is currently having this problem. im not sexually active. i think i missed my period this time round as no blood was seen but instead dark brown almost black discharge is seen. my abdomen felt strained when sitting or standing straight too. its going to be 3weeks since i notice this change in colour. is there any problem?

hi there,
the same thing happened to me twice having brown discharge but not a proper period, i was having sex but not using anything and a friend told me i could be pregnat so so went took pregnancy test and YES i was pregnant (6 weeks). so you could be pregnant but it could also be other things as 4 years ago i was bleeding every time i had sex so went to doc had swops taken and id got abnormal cells which ment i had to go have the burnt out. my advice do pregnancy test if come up neg go doctors might be infection. :-)

i had my period 4/21 then fri 4/27 i took ec pill then 5/2 i had dark blood coming out more then my periods~that was 10 days from bleeding ! anyone explain or been here!

for one how old are you? I am assuming you are to young for sex, because your mother has not explained it to you just yet. Any penetration broke your hymen, and yes any sperm just on the outside can impregnate you. I suggest some sex education right away, and a GYN appointment.

I need answer I have same problem and I m trying for baby.

Hi i had the coil out 4 months ago and me and my Husband have been trying to concieve i was 3 days late on my period on the 4th day i had a 5 day period then i finished my period and 2 days later i had the black blood/disharge and having cramps can any one tell me what this could be?