My period started yesterday, one day early, but it is brown and kinda flakey also there was like a clot today that was brown almost black. It's also been kinda painful. (I have never had any pain with my periods) I have been thinking for the last week and a half that I'm pregnant. Now I'm not sure.

I have 1 child, so I've gone through a pregnancy b4, and the last 2 weeks I have had the same symptoms as my first pregnancy. During my first I fainted because I wasn't eating enough. and I noticed about 2 weeks ago I started to crave certain foods, been getting really tired, my breasts are firmer, and I've been feeling nauseas. Today I almost passed out, I can tell when it's gonna happen, but it's weird because I've been eating healthy. I just really want to know what this brownish black stuff means.

Thanks

fainting etc could be from lack of iron. get checkd by the doctor

I have highly irregular periods. I get them anywhere in between 2-4 months usually. I've been on the pill twice for 2 years at a time to try and fix the problem and tried many different pills, but they made me extremely hormonal so I stopped taking them for good about 6 months ago. After that I go my period every two months a couple times and then just about two weeks ago after approximately a month went by. I've had blackness with my periods before and was told it was just old blood, but this past time was different. I generally have my period about 3-4 days and even if it starts out a little black it always gets red. This past time it was black for an entire four days with just spots of red mixed in. I figured it may have been some spotting since it was so light. However, just today (2 weeks later) I started having the same problem this time with cramps accompanied. This time it's a little heavier and it's very black and extremely flaky. Does anyone have any idea what this flakiness or consistent black periods mean???

That sounds unusual and it doesn't sound like it's just old blood like it was in the past. I would hate to speculate though because I am not a physician and would hate to give you advice that was misleading. I think your best course of action in this case would be to see a doctor just to make sure that it's not a more serious problem. I wish that I could be more helpful but it doesn't sound like a very common issue nor does it sounds very normal. I wish you all the best.

Hi I have a smiliar problem, I had my period which started blackish and then just a little red blood, which was very unual to have such little red blood with my period. its day 9 of my cycle and I'm feeling bloated, a bit hungry, tired at work. I took 2 pg test and both negative.
Anways I went to the doctor and they discovered that my right tube is patent (possibily blocked) and in talking to the doctor he said you can have shorter peroid which usually indicate that your ovaries are not working properly. Is this correct?

I've been driving myself crazy wondering if I can be pregnant even though I had a peroid/bleeding.

Can anyone help?

Ok first of all if you ever doubt that the home pregnancy test might be wrong than just go to a doctor so he/she can do a blood test. You'll have a safe answer and stop driving yourself crazy. I've been there too belive me! Second of all black blood doesn't mean that you're pregnant, it's just old blood. Your uterus is kinda cleaning it self :-D When you think you have pregnancy symptoms it could be pms. I feel nauseas, bloated, craving for chocolate,...and all kind of stuff 1 week before and couple of days after my periods. Or it could be stress. Belive me your body can fool you big time but if you wanna be sure just go to a doctor!!STOP googling your symptoms cause the first thing that will pop up is pregnancy and you will freak out or be happy for no reason ;-)

i have the same thing. my period was three days late, and started yesterday however it is rather black, im usualy really light and this is freaking me out!I also have diarrhea and vomiting, dizzy spins as well.  im scared to go to the doctor because his only going to tell me to get a blood test and i hate needles. I am only 18 and need some help! someone help please