I had a surgical abortion two weeks and two days ago. As far as I know, it was without complications. I bled pretty heavily for about five days afterward, and since have had a thick brown/black discharge. It has gotten lighter as time passes, but it is still there and is still annoying. I haven't gone for my followup exam yet because I can't afford it, but now I am really worried. I have not inserted anything into the vagina since the abortion, by the way.

It would be best to be seen by a Doctor or go to the hospital. I've always been told that brown discharge was old blood passing.

During the course of the menstrual cycle, the lining of the uterus builds up and becomes blood-filled. This is done in preparation for a fertilized egg. If no fertilized egg is present during a given month, the hormone levels drop and the lining of the uterus is shed. Normally this appears as fresh red or pink blood. However, it can occasionally appear as brown, which indicates it is old blood that has taken a while to come out of the uterus and through the cervix. Brown spotting can appear the day or two before a regular period. If no normal period appears on schedule or after a few days, a visit to a physician may be in order.  

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

bitchplease wrote:

wow how rude, why would you even have an abortion?!!!!

None of your buisness...Go deal with your own problems and leave other people alone

Why would you even say this? You need to mind your own business. Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, then you need not say anything at all??? Get a life (and some manners) and grow the hell up!

Some people arent as lucky as you to get to keep their baby, you go threw what we go through you stupid b***h.

you are pretty rude emcyb97, have you also considered this girl doesnt have any resources for the baby? do i detect bitterness? well, it is also not this girls fault you cannot have a baby of your own. that's why life is unfair, you cant have what you eagerly desire! so be polite and no, i am not taking her side cuz she had an abortion but you should really think up all the posibilities of why she needs not to have a kid. 

b***h please keep ur opinions to urself.. seriously they're hard enough without people like you putting in your two cents. we dont have a go at you about ur personal sh*t. p*****f.

Quit being so ignorant. If you're against abortions why are you even on this thread?

I too have had an abortion && had the brownish discharge... That means your body is healing inside && it's emptying out. but it's best to be seen after, just in case everything heal the way it's supposed to. Don't let these immature girls bother you with their inappropriate comments.

You should shut you're mouth!! You have no clue what she's going through

good for you its everyones own right to make a choice!!!! how rudeee!!!

Completely non of your business. If you have an opinion on abortions then this ain't the sight for you. This is why the world is the way it is. Judgemental arrogant individuals. Who must be perfect.........NOT

Your are a disgusting human being if you really have to go on the Internet and talk ish about random people you need to reevaluate yourself and deal with what ever problem stick is up your a$$

Some women have abortions becuz they were rapped or the baby couldnt survive or lack of help support and funds to take care of the child its gods job to judge ppl and in the bible it says no sin is bigger or smaller a sin is a sin i also had an abortion recently. And to be clear judging someone is also a sin