Hello there, I am a guy who is 22 years old. I just love to smoke weed, sometimes 2-3 grams per day. Lately I had some problems and because of it I have a question for you. What could black mucus indicate? I really need to hear this answer as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for that.

First of all, I am not sure what it is exactly. I can only guess. That is why you have to go to doctor. It could be serious, but maybe it isn't. I am guessing that this might be dead throat and lung tissue. What is for sure, you should quit smoking weed. It is obviously bad for you. I was smoking weed but that was ages ago. Those 2-3 grams are too much anyway.

I've smoked weed for about 3years. I stoped for about only 4months. Also i've been smoking Cigarettes for as long as i can remember. I've recantly notice black in my mucus. My mom told me its nothing. Now i have a bad cough. went to the doctor and they said it could be serious` :-(

BS...

anyone who smokes weed constantly can get black mucus.

me and five of my friends are al coughing up mucus because we smoke a lot..
two or three grams a day is not too much especially when i smoke about 28 a week.

I'm fine. Weed will not kill you.

I read a story on this earlier about a ten year smoker who just recently started coughing up mucus. I've been smoking for about two years smoking eight of these months consistantly, I just recently started the black flem.

who knows honestly...? will we all die from the black flem?

remember how many deaths are caused by weed each year...and then re-phrase your answer.

The black/brown c**p in your mucous is resin that gets inhaled into your lungs along with smoke. Many, many smokers I know have this, including myself. It's not serious or life threatening at all; just a little gross. Your doctor probably just wanted to sell you some pills which will f**k you up way more than smoking pot.

instead of smoking use a vaporizer! clean THC vapor with no smoke will never make you cough up black mucus :-| :-| :-|

Firstly just because you cant over dose on pot doesn't mean it cant kill you, respiratory disease kills plenty of people every year and marijuana is responsible for me getting asthma after smoking for 6 years, the problem with drugs is they make u think that their not harming you when in fact these days most things u put into your body harm you in one way or another

First of all, weed is better than cigarettes. Its not neccessarily bad for you. Although smoke does cause you to cough up black mucus/phlem, and can cause respiratory problems, it could also be caused from a viral or bacterial infection especially if youre finding it coming out of your nose. I would really get with a doctor. But most people who smoke have these "smokers cough" but if you think something isnt right, you should know ur body, base it on that.

i just tried to clear my nose this morning and i had black mucus. i just found this conversation from google. i have not smoked any weed in 5 years so i don't believe it has anything to do with smoking weed.

Black mucus is from resin.

First off weed is not bad for your health the smoke that you inhale is. Hints why they make vaporizors. I smoke everyday and every night and have never till now had a cough. The piont is weed is safe but thing can and will happen to your lungs when you inhale the heat and butane from the lighters. Have it cheacked out and remember sh*t happends don't let any body tell you that its the weed. For very good info on the effects of weed and its potentail dangers watch the movie "The Union" its Joe Rogan and talks to Drs and other people that have ran tests and others types of things.... Hope all is well..

I HAD A WORK CLIENT RECENTLY DIE AFTER 5 YEARS. HIS SYMPTOM WAS SIMPLY COUGHING WHICH BECAME WORSE(VERY BAD COUGHING). FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS IN HOSPITAL BEFORE HE PULLED THE PLUG ON HIM SELF. HE BEGAN COUPHING UP BLACK PHLEM. THE DOCTORS AND NURSES AT HORNSBY HOSPITAL NSW AUSTRALIA SAID THEY HAD NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT BEFORE. HE DIED 2009. STILL UNDIAGOSED. HE BELIEVES HE MAY HAVE CONTRACTED THIS PROBLEM WHILE DIGGING OUT UNDER HIS HOUSE (UNCONFIRMED). HE NEVER SMOKED ANYTHING, NOR DID HE BREATH IN LARGE AMMOUNTS OF DUST. HE WAS REASONABLY HEALTH CONSCIOUS AND WAS APPROX. 67 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF DEATH. THE HEALTH AUTHORITIES CAME TO HIS HOUSE AND HAVE INVESTIGATED BUT WERE UNABLE TO FIND THE CAUSE OF HIS ILLNESS.
I HAVE BEEN CURIOUS AS TO POSSIBLE CAUSES OF THIS PROBLEM, AS I STILL WORK AT HIS HOUSE AND IF REQUIRED TO DIG I WANTED TO KNOW IF I COULD BE EXPOSING MYSELF TO HARM. IS THERE ANYTHING IN THE GROUND WHICH CAN CAUSE THESE SYMPTOMS ?

Stop mentioning weed, it has nothing to do with it. Dark black flim is blood or blood caused from an infection in either the lungs or sinus. If in the sinus it can get darker than usual hence the Black look to it. Go get some antibiotics and stop smokin ciggies.

Anyone ever consider they you guys might all be exposed to black mold???? The black color in your sputum could be mold spores.....hmmm. Sounds like mold could be hanging out under this old house...be very careful.

Learn how to google?

Black mucus can be due to:

Smoking marijuana, cigarettes, cocaine or other substances. It is not possible to reliably say, if someone is smoking marijuana or cigarettes on the basis of the smoker mucus color. A smoker who has quit smoking may cough up mucus (black or other colors) for several days or weeks after quitting (4).
Air pollution
Coal workers pneumoconiosis or anthrosilicosis (black lung disease)
Fungal (mold) lung infection, like allergic broncopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA), causing bronciectasis (3)
Old blood (5) from COPD (bronchitis or emphysema), tuberculosis, cancer or other bronchial or pulmonary disorder

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Smoking marijuana will not kill you. I've smoked almost every day for 6 years and have only coughed black mucus when I started smoking cigarettes again and recently slowed down dramatically. It is just your lungs expelling the ash you inhale from your lungs. Cigarettes have been proven to cause long-term damage, but if you quit soon enough your lungs can still have a change to heal. As for marijuana, if you have a problem with inhaling too much ash I would suggest buying some glass filters for your bongs/pipes or using a vaporizor for a cleaner-burning smoke.

Hope this helped.