is it normal to have black vaginal discharge in early 6wks pregnancy

Is your vaginal discharge really black, or just really dark brown? Dark brown discharge is caused by old, dried up blood, and can be associated with an implantation bleeding — which is definitely an early pregnancy sign, one of the earliest of all. It usually happens about seven days after conception. 

Other early pregnancy symptoms to watch out for at this stage include tender and bigger breasts, a bloated tummy, abdominal cramps like you were about to get a period, and mood swings. A little bit later, and sometimes before you even have the chance to take a pregnancy test, you can also get morning sickness, fatigue, and more frequent urination. 

Don't make any conclusions until you know for sure though, and please see a doctor if that dark discharge continues for more than two or three days or if there is a lot. 

Hope that helps!

wow,ive never heard of that. Did you find out what was causing it...?

Hope everything is ok!!

Black vaginal discharge means a severe problem; like cervical cancer and other problems. The flow is oxidized in the uterus and when it comes out from the vagina, it is already extremely dark. Changes in the estrogen and progesterone production lead to a slowed blood flow letting the flow get oxidized, which makes the blood turn very dark. Black vaginal discharge means a servere problem...I would get check with your obgyn as soon as possible...Dont wait....

Hello there,

I really hope that this is not big issue and that Indiana gal has been wrong in your case. I remember that my sister in law had similar issue when she was pregnant with her first child. She had blackish vaginal discharge and because she was very scared she went to her gynecologist immediately. He has told her that this is old dried up blood. Also this can be consequence of the implantation and your body is not stopping with the production of the hormones which are responsible for your period so it is possible to have period when you are pregnant.

But it is best to check this with your doctor especially if you are experiencing some additional problems.  

Hi I have the same problem so plz tell me that the doctor of your sister in law recommended medicine for this problem or not?

For how many days it continued...plz reply

i am not getting any symptom other than dark discharge.am i Pregnant ?

I am also having the same problem and freaking out! Does anyone have answers? I can’t see my doctor until tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone got checked of what it could be.