My husband had prostate cancer. He was going to therapies but on the end he had to go to prostatectomy. The procedure was successful as the doctor say. But now he has experiencing some problems with the bladder. Is it possible that prostatectomy has something to do with his bladder difficulty?

Yes that could happen. The effectiveness of radical prostatectomy, radiation therapy, and other treatments for low-stage prostate cancer is under study in randomized trials. Definitive treatment of cancer detected by screening may cause morbidity for men, such as impotence and urinary incontinence, and carries a low but finite risk of death.

Hi caroljean,

First of all I want to congratulate to you and your husband because you have managed to deal with such a terrible disease like is prostate cancer. I can imagine how hard it was and after all that trouble now there is a new threat.

It is always possible that after one procedure something else goes wrong because your husband’s body just went to one trauma. The best thing is to consult with your doctor and see what he suggests. It will probably be some kind of additional tests and afterwards treatment. I hope that everything is going to be just fine. I wish all the best to you and your husband. Good luck.