I have problems with non-stop infections, urine retention, and gradual deterioration of the sling. I think all this is enough for you to realize what kind of my problem is. When my doctor told me he should do bladder sling removal, I was not as surprised as he expected me to be. However, I am not surprised but I am afraid. That is probably because I do not understand this process at all, so I would like you to tell me anything you can about bladder sling removal.

I guess you are woman, since sling procedure is usually performed on women. Either a synthetic material or abdominal tissue is used to help compress the urethral sphincter and relieve your problems. I want to tell you that if presuming incontinence is not due to some other treatable cause, incontinence patients may choose to undergo bladder surgery. This is usually done after exhausting therapeutic and non-surgical medical options. A wide range of surgeries are available that can repair or strengthen bladders, as you need. Off course, everything depends on the causes of the incontinence. A small percentage of bladder control problems may be associated with bladder cancer, so definitely you should not be very much worried. All these bladder surgeries are typically more involved and extensive than those procedures for incontinence. My advice would be to follow your doctor’s instructions and you are going to feel right. There are not so much risks in bladder sling removal, so wait until you feel improving of your condition.

Hi, I had my sling removed and it was okay, I didn't even have any pain. You will be just fine, and good luck.

What is involved in the bladder sling removal? I have been having pain, and can feel the sharp edge of the mesh. Dr. thinks I should us more Premarin cream but it doesn't help. Does the removal involve a one day surgery or hospital stay? Thanks

Hi, I have had a mesh bladder sling since 2008 it seemed to be fine, this past year I have been getting alot of burning pain in my vagina and rectome, it has differently interfered with me and my life I never feel well, I have gone to all the dr.s nope no one is giving me any real answere's . Can you please give me any information on your sling removel I would really appreciate it. Thank you Annie

I am flying to Dr. Raz next Wed. the 17th of July 2013 for consultation on having my sling removed. I have had mine since 2006 and it has started to erode. I do not no what to expect. Should i worry or is it a pretty simple procedure. I have heard nothing but horrible things.

My Dr. has prescribed cream as well. It helped for a while, but now the pain is back. So i am going to try to have mine removed as well. If you find out anything please let me know. I am a bit concerned.

had problems with bladder sling.had it removed 5 weeks ago.outpatient surgery.went into surgery at 7;40 am went home at 11;30. dr sean francis did my surgery.he's great, his office is in louisville,ky on chestnut st.u o f l hospital affilated.aug 16,2013

hi im having my removed are you still not having any problems with your removal?Did you have to have another one put back in?

Can you please tell me where your Dr is? I'm having NO luck finding a Dr near San Francisco CA that will remove it. Thank you!!!

I had my first sling break and was sent to a different Dr. in Raleigh NC by the Dr who did the first surgery, since then I have had a neurostimulator implant done and another sling with anchors in my plevic bone. When I asked about removing the first broken sling,I was told it was probably embeded into my tissue and they wouldnt even be able to see it when they did the second sling. How do you find someone willing to remove it???

dr. sean francis-louisville, he is great...good luck. god bless

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i was wondering if you are still doing okay and if all the symptoms of your complications are gone.

Hope surgury went ok and you are doing fine. Please tell me how you feel after removal.

Are you still feeling ok after six month?