I’m interested to hear more about robotic prostatectomy. What is the meaning of ‘robotic’ in the sentence? I’m not about to have prostate surgery, but am interested in stuff related to that theme because recently have started to take pills with pygeum extract because of prevention of certain problems, as they are common in my age. So, I’d like to get few words about this procedure. Is it performed in USA and is it approved by fda?

Robotic prostatectomy is approved by fda and is being performed in the USA. It is minimally invasive surgical procedure and employs a robot, named the da Vinci surgical system. Surgeon operates at remote console and da Vinci system operates with number of tools. It is really advanced technique that reduces side effects of classic surgery methods, like incontinence; else, it reduces hospital length of stay on one day.