I’ve experienced typical symptoms of prostatitis a month ago. I did psa test that shown elevated level of this antigen. I also had DR exam and finally biopsy. I was diagnosed prostate cancer last week. I’m on the same therapy as I got a month ago, and now wait for further instructions for treatment of cancer. Is radiation treatment used for prostate cancer? I believe that this cancer can be cured and I read about hormonal therapies for prostate cancer. Please post if you have more information. Thanks in advance.

Very sorry to hear that. But am happy that can say that I was diagnosed prostate cancer 5 years ago, treated it and cured completely. I had localized cancer that could be treated by radiation therapy. Radiation therapy of prostate cancer is well tolerated; side effects that I experienced were moderate blade irritation, fatigue and rarely incontinence. Hormonal therapy is given to patients in which tumors are caused by elevated testosterone that helps tumor grows. The other option is radical prostatectomy, that is surgical removal of prostate and seminal vesicles. Hope that helped and wish you all the best.

My testicles are swollen, and I'm scheduled for radiation treatment due to prostate cancer! What is this supposed to be?

It all depends on your age. Removal of the prostate is the usual treatment it you are around 70 or younger. if you do radiation at a younger age then if your cancer comes back there's nothing to radiate. I had mine remove at 50 and at 60 had radiation. that's been 3 years ago, and hopefully I stay that way. The next step will be hormone depravation. And that sounds bad. No more hard ons or orgasms you get fat and grow tits. If your DR hasn't explained this to you in detail get a new one fast.