I’ve experienced typical symptoms of prostatitis a month ago. I did psa test that shown elevated level of this antigen. I also had DR exam and finally biopsy. I was diagnosed prostate cancer last week. I’m on the same therapy as I got a month ago, and now wait for further instructions for treatment of cancer. Is radiation treatment used for prostate cancer? I believe that this cancer can be cured and I read about hormonal therapies for prostate cancer. Please post if you have more information. Thanks in advance.

Very sorry to hear that. But am happy that can say that I was diagnosed prostate cancer 5 years ago, treated it and cured completely. I had localized cancer that could be treated by radiation therapy. Radiation therapy of prostate cancer is well tolerated; side effects that I experienced were moderate blade irritation, fatigue and rarely incontinence. Hormonal therapy is given to patients in which tumors are caused by elevated testosterone that helps tumor grows. The other option is radical prostatectomy, that is surgical removal of prostate and seminal vesicles. Hope that helped and wish you all the best.