I am 71 years old and consider myself in good shape, but had a BPH procedure done in the late 80's. Ever since i have been on different meds to help my urine flow. I was on Flomax and proscar before I found out that proscar increased the chance of cancer by some 300% at that time i asked my doctor to put me back on Hytrin. Proscar is supposed to shrink the prostate but it also stopped my ejaculation when having sex another thing i did not like. since going back on Hytrin my ejaculation is inproving again. I have a press release here re "avodart" which sounds pretty good to me and i will discuss it with my doctor. Trouble is i wont see him til early June as i go South for the winter. In the meantime my BP is 82/64 but pulse rate is staying at 152, which worries me. I've never had a hi pulse rate. it was always in the 60's. Any suggestions how i can lower it? I'v e stopped taking my Hi BP meds until the readings go up to normal levels do you agree? my last PSA test was 2.1 so pretty low but I still go to the bathroom approx. 5x a night and just dribble but rather do that then have another "ream-job". Thanx for any additional info you might be able to provide.

Your pulse rate is an emergency. Go to the ER. Sounds like A-fib or something. Dribbling is a sign of urinary retention (overflow aka your bladder is already partially full, and flows over so to speak), which can lead to boggy kidneys (hydronephrosis or hydorureter), and kidney damage and failure. Ejaculating is not as important as urinating. Your kidneys won't stop producing urine, and your urine will back up into your kidneys. PSA test alone isn't the best indicator or prostate enlargement. You need an exam and are most likely experiencing symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. If you do have a prostatectomy, since your sexual function is important to you, you should look into the nerve sparing surgery. It is called the robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. 6 small incisions and preserved nerve bundles. Somethings that are suggested to relax the prostate are decreasing alcohol, caffeine, antihystamines, frequent sex, increasing exercise, and taking hot baths. You should urinate on urge and not hold it. ...got class...go to er! your b/p is too low! heart rate too high!