This is my first posting so I hope I get this right. I had a TVT procedure (bladder sling) done in March. Although the surgery itself went very well, I am now left with a constant feeling of urgency, like something is pressing on a nerve all through the genital area. There are no UTI or in the surgical area I’ve been told. However, this constant pressing on the nerve is driving me crazy. Have any of you had this problem?

I am having major problems from a bladder sling operation performed in 2002
my doctor stitched it to high and I was unable to stand up straight for 5 weeks. I lived on painkillers and my husband had to help me get out of bed and to use the bathroom. Now, 5 years later I have had nothing but problems, I have been having pain and what felt like a UTI. My OB. thought I might have IC. I’ve been to an Urologist specialist last week and he said it was the plastic left in me when the bladder sling was cut loose, so I have to have surgery to remove this obstruction because it is scraping my bladder and causing all the pain.

I am glad that i did not have to register! Anyways I am on my fifth week of having had a bladder sling. Hurts like hell to urinate, urination is not complete. I urinate & stop but later after 15-20 min sensation of urinating w/lots of pain & more urine dumps out. what is going on. called Dr he says to come in might have to have sling loosen. c**p, Even when i urinate i realized if i lean back on the stool it loosens more urine to come out. I sorta do a dance on the pot & springles of urine drip. Is this ever gonna stop. my email is _[removed]_ If you have any simular problems please REPLY! THANKS ISA: )

hi
i had tvt done beginning of jan 2009 operation was successful had no problems thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, however now i cannot hold my urine if i want to go i have to not too bad if i rush!
My major concern is i have now woke up to find i have wet the bed twice! does anybody no why and has this happened to anybody else. i have a review with surgeon end of march? :-(

i had a sling and rectum repair 6 weeks ago and I have lots of pain ! I also cannot hold my urine at night, I have wet the bed more times than I care to count, It's awful. now I am having what they say is GAS pain in my shoulders. Now I am on meds for bladder control. So, I am not sure if I should have had the sling done. Does any one have thid problem ?

I had the TVP sling fitted just a week ago, and have not noticed any difference. I still feel as if by bladder isn't emptying properly, in fact it's worse. This morning, I had to go 5 times in an hour before the urge to pee went. I have had to tiny lumps appear just above the pubic bone, and they are very sore. I can only assume that they are connected to the ends of the sling. I know it's early days, but my procedure does not appear to be following the text book recovery. I am now quite worried, having read more horror stories than good reports.

Well, please bear in mind as well that people dont' always post about positive experiences. I hope that your recovery is going well for you. Let me know how you're doing, okay?

I am tewlve days post op. I had the bladder sling and a partial hystorectomy. I am healing. My leaking has stopped. I do have pain and pressure and a constant feeling of urgency. The internal stitches are very annoying. All I read is negative blogs. It is very discouraging. I wonder what the future hold in my care. I am hoping for the best.

well reading these dont fill me with much hope i am due to have the op next week, is it worth it? i am bladder and rectal slings and some pelvic floor tightening done, i cant get any worse surely?

With all the negative comments wanted to give you all some positive. I had the tvt placed in Dec of 2009 and have had no issues. I can cough, sneeze, run, jump, even vomit and no leakage. It is wonderful, how embarrassing it was to be in my early 30's and leak urine on myself when sneezing or coughing to hard. I honestly think that the success of the procedure depends on the skill of the physician places the sling . I feel if done right and you truly have stress incontinence this can be wonderful. I do want to point out that the tvt is wonderful for stress incontinence but if that isn't your issue and you have mixed incontinence or just continually leak urine this may not be the best option for you.

Hi! I had a sling done due to stress incontinence & over active bladder in the beginning of Dec 2010 & still had urinary issues afterwards, had to go hm w/ a catheter, go back to doc 2 days later & have catheter removed. That same night I ended up in the er b/c I went into bladder retention, had to come hm w/ a catheter that night, go back to the doc the next day & have it removed. He basically told me that I had a lazy bladder that was becoming independent on the cateter so he didn't want me to have it anymore, however he sent me home w/ self caths so I could empty my bladder everytime I needed to go. I did this for 2 weeks. Was doing ok other than the urgency & frenquency until a few weeks ago. I started having urine incontinence while I was sleeping & didn't even know until my bladder would fill up then I'd get up to go to the bathroom & be soaking wet & still go to the bathroom & change my clothes. Went in today to hopefully get some answers etc & he had no explanation what so ever, so needless to say, i'm very frustrated & I have an appt next week w/ a new doc [2nd opinion]

I just had the bladder sling done on Feb 9. But I also had a tubal ligation and endometrial ablation. I had a Foley Cath in the first five days but bladder is working on its own. I do have some stopping and starting but I still have swelling from the other procedures too. I do notice I dont leak with cough, sneeze, etc but do have some leakage still. Not alot but hoping when I am fully healed it will be gone. I am off for two weeks recovery. How soon did anyone else go back to work?

Im 11 weeks post tvt- everything was fine except for occasional cramping when i sat too long- but now i recently developed a terrible uti which required a cathetar (5days) and 7 days on antibiotics. I felt better after 2 weeks and needless to say just 5 days after the antibiotics where complete- i did the 'do' with my hubby and ended up with bad cramps and another UTI? anyone else haveing problems with UTI's after doing the do??

I had the TVT procedure in 2004 and have had problems ever since. Mostly infections that I never had prior. Now the pain is constant. I am wondering if anyone experienced heavy menstrual bleeding after this procedure. thanx

I am almost four weeks post op after having a sling and I feel wonderful! Too wonderful because I am supposed to not do housework and I am bored. I have not had any leakage whatsoever and it is Spring and I have allergies. I sneeze and I am dry. I wish I had done this years ago. I am so glad I never read this earlier since it is so negative. My doctor told me that if I did not follow instructions, no sex, no lifting, no pushing or pulling, then my surgery may not work. I listened!