Hi, I have a prostate cancer, and it’s still localized. Doctor will tell me in few days if I’m going to have brachytherapy or laparoscopic prostatectomy. I don’t know which procedure is better. Any suggestions?

Hi, I was diagnosed two weeks ago with a prostate cancer. I had many tests done, and a doctor said that best treatment for me is probably a laparoscopic prostatectomy. I asked him about brachytherapy, but he said that risks of spreading would be lower if I surgically removed affected part of my prostate. But this is only in my case, maybe brachytherapy would be better for you. It all depends on your medical hystory and on the size of your cancer. I will have a laparoscopic prostatectomy in few days, and I’m really scared. Maybe it sounds stupid, but one thing that scares me most is catheter that will be inserted into my penis. I am freaking out when I think about that. But the most important thing is that surgery goes well, without any complications and infections.