I have frequent headaches followed by fainting lately. I feel weakness in my arms and legs very often I am not able to stand up and really am concerned over my condition. Might it be that headache and fainting may be related to some brain illness? I fainted two times this month and am worried and need some info about this. Thanks.

I can tell you that all the headaches that are associated with fainting needs to be checked out by your doc. Fainting is never a good sign and almost always indicate some problem with blood pressure. I was having the same problem with fainting and after my blood pressure was controlled I was diagnosed with postural hypotension that was diagnosed with tilt test – special form of blood pressure test when your blood pressure is measured in vertical and horizontal position, while you’re being rotated strapped to a board. So if your blood pressure show extreme drop than you suffer from postural hypotension. And for that reason I had headaches followed by fainting meaning that I was also unable to stand up and fainted few times just like you. I was using some medications to control fainting but I also had a high-salt diet and was trying to keep my glucose level at normal rate and also it’s important to drink enough fluid so the blood volume stay high.

im 14 and a boy im very skinny and i faint 1 or 2 times a day and it gets progressively worse today i puked 7 times because of it i think thats bad.

i think you need to go to the hospital boy.

I am 16 and have been experiencing faintness for a very long time and have recently been getting headaches many times a day and sometimes chestpains. I don't think mine is anything seriouws although I will be seeing the doctor as it's better to check and be safe.
To the boy, what you say is very worrying and unless you have an eating disorder you must be very ill as these are symtoms to being very ill. You may need to get help fast as if this carries on your body may be so damaged it can't be repaired. It sounds like you are having a lack of a lot of important things in your very small diet.

I hope you all get better. Emily. x

hy i've read that fainting has more than 102 causes but i'm experiencing fainting too but with severe headache and diziness &my doctor told me that i need to do a CT-brain then EEG so see a specialist immediately.

i am 13 and i get really bad migrains , and headaches . i get headaches daily but atleast 3-4 migrians monthly . and ive fainted twice . once in october and once on sat 21 ,jan . but the first time i fainted i knocked into a seizure . this time i didnt . but im really concerned . thi sis unhealthy escpecially at this young of and age . ive been to the doctor they say im not eating right or its just from heat . stuff like that but i think its way more serious . i always feel theres so much pressure in my head at all tiems , even worwse when i get migrians/headaches . please let me know . is there a rare desease or somthing ??

I have been fainting while eating or and drink even water, and they told me today that migraines will cause it. But I have suffered from migraines for 48 years and never fainted from one . I recently have been really not feeling well look up Vegus nerve and fainting. Your vegus nerve is cranial nerve X and it runs from your brain, around you esophagus, through your heart into your upper stomach, causing a multitude of problems from fainting to chronic fatigue. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

When I was 12 years old I was in a car accident and my head hit the passenger window and ever since I get migraines every day ive fallen out more than I can count and no doctors can tell me what is wrong. Im afraid its starting to get worse. It doesn't matter if im sitting or standing ive fallen out of a chair from it. During the migraines I get to where I cant talk or think straight. They tell me my blood sugar and pressure is normal they've done several ct scans and still nothing I am 23 years old single mother of a 3 year old daughter and it scars me

It's called atypical migraine syndrome

I'm 17 years old & I was just at the gym about an hour ago & fainted from dehydration. An ambulance was called & they said that all my vitals were perfect. They did however perform an EKG because even though heart problems are insanely rare in young people, there is a rare heart disease where young people have problems with their heart and it is all tied together with your heart rate/blood pressure which in result is tied in with fainting. Forgive me but I have forgot what the heart disease is called that the EMS told me about, I was still out of it. Don't panic, that's the worst you can do but with everything in me I feel like you should get your parents to bring you to a specialist to get checked out so you can know for sure if it is something. I hope this helps & I really hope you feel better soon.

I'm a 46 year-old woman who faked her for the first time in my life on Monday and since then I've had periodic headaches everyday sometimes small sometimes it's a really bad. I'm in good health and on no medication. I did not fall and hit the ground or hit my head at any time when I fainted. How do I alleviate my headaches?