Hello everyone,

I knew that there was something wrong going on with me but I wasn't quite sure what it is. Now that I went to see my doctor I know that I'm suffering from hypotension (or low blood pressure). My doctor told me that he can prescribe me with some medications that would treat this matter but that I don't really have to take these so I decided not to.

I found out that I can also treat this in a different way by eating certain foods or by avoiding certain foods. Can anyone tell me what are the best foods for me and what foods should I avoid as well?

Hey Alan,

I don't think that I can help you a lot but I can at least give you a tip regarding this matter.

You should definitely use more salt. Experts usually recommend limiting the amount of salt in your diet because sodium can raise your blood pressure, sometimes dramatically. For people with low blood pressure, that can be a really good thing.

But because excess sodium can lead to heart failure, especially in older adults, it's important to check with your doctor before increasing the salt in your diet.

This is just an advice I picked up from a friend of mine years ago because he was suffering from hypotension as well.

Hi guys,

Yes, a higher intake of salt would definitely be a good choice for someone with low blood pressure.

Drinking more water is also suggested for people with hypotension. Although nearly everyone can benefit from drinking a lot of water, this is especially true if you have a low blood pressure. Fluids increase blood volume and help prevent dehydration, both of which are important in treating hypotension.

Milk and almonds are also suggested for people with this condition. You should soak four to five almonds in water overnight, peel of the skin the next morning and make a smooth paste. Add this paste to a cup of boiling milk and drink it every morning.

Hey guys,

Thank you very much for your replies, Bee and Stradivarius, I really appreciate your advice. I'm definitely going to try the thing with milk and almonds since I love both of these things. I usually drink a lot of water so I wouldn't make a change there but I usually avoid salt so I'll try to change that thing.

Thank you very much again, and I hope that there are going to be more suggestions from people because every single advice is going to be of use to me. So if anyone knows more about this matter, please tell me.

Hello Alan,

I have a brother with this condition so I can give you some additional info regarding this matter.

Raisins are good for hypotension, they are considered to be an excellent natural remedy for treating hypotension. Carrots and carrot juice are found to improve blood circulation along with regulating your blood pressure levels. Tulsi leaves are loaded with potassium, magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin B5 which are effective at controlling blood pressure in people with hypotension. Lemon juice is highly effective for treating low blood pressure and garlic is extremely effective, not just for this matter but for literally any diseases or conditions that can occur in people.

Hello there.

Since my friend is hypotension patient I think that I have learned a lot of things about it.

Milk and almonds are always a good and traditional home remedy and those groceries are helping in controlling low pressure levels in patients. Put 5 almonds in water overnight and peel the skin of them next morning and make a smooth paste. Put it in a boiling milk and drink every morning. That is not awful, at all it is actually tasty. Carrot juice is also amazing thing to improve blood circulation along with regulating your blood pressure.

You can add some honey in this glass.

Hello everyone. And what about lemon? I mean lemon juice is amazing and highly effective to treat hypotension. If you ever feel weak or tired you should drink a glass of lemon juice. Add some sugar in it and you can also add some salt to control your blood pressure. A lot of people doesn’t like garlic, but we need to be aware that garlic contains a compound that helps in stabilizing blood pressure. Of course, there are a lot of other benefits. Eat raw garlic one hour before your bed time. That is the best option. Good luck there.

Hey. It is true that you can regulate your low blood pressure with certain food choice. That is actually a great idea and I am sure that you can’t make a mistake with it. Generally, low blood pressure diet foods are mostly vegetables, fruits, complex of carbos, dark green vegetables, lean meats, green tea, etc. It is important that this diet needs to be good balanced and healthy. That means that you need to avoid alcohol and tobacco completely.

And very good thing is that you can make all those foods very easily. It is not complicated, it won’t take a lot of time and it is delicious.

Good day everyone. I know pretty much official information about this because my wife is having problem with hypotension just like with many other diseases as well.

I know that you believe treatment is obligatory for this issue. But treatment is rarely needed and hypotension will not cause too much complications. If there are some symptoms, you need to seek for the treatment that your doctor will determine when he finds out what the underlying cause is. But you should know that you can do some things alone, by increased diet program and have some lifestyle changes.

Hi again. When I finished my last post, something crossed my mind.

Here is what also you can do. Drink more water and of course, avoid alcohol. Alcohol is dehydrating and can lower your blood pressure even if you drink in moderation, occasionally or every Saturday night. It doesn’t matter.

On the other side, water combats dehydration and it can increase your blood volume. Also, it is amazing idea to find some good healthy diet program. That is the best way to get some good nutrients that you need for good health by focusing on a variety of foods. So, combine foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean chicken, and fish.