Hi, I have TMJ disorder and my dentist advised me to purchase a brace. Lately, I can’t chew and swallow properly anymore and even have headaches due to jaw deformities. Is a brace efficint for TMJ and how long does it take to see some improvement?

TMJ causes serious threat to patients health provoking headaches, neck aches and lots of other symptoms. TNJ disorder results in the deep bite, which makes the jaw joints go backward into the ears when the patient swallows food. TMJ Braces are plastic positioning appliances, which are used to hold the jaw joints in place while segments of the teeth are moved into their final positions. The aim of treatment is to find a bite that is harmonious with both jaw joints. Plastic appliances are used to help searching for convenient bite. Good bite means gently moving into the new bite position without moving of the jaw joints.