i met my current bf online, we talked for a year before we actually met in person.

he never showed his teeth in pictures or told me he had bad teeth. so i found out in person.

one tooth is crooked and chipped, but the rest are straight. it looks similar to meth mouth. some of his teeth are dark yellow starting from the gum line and his chipped tooth is getting super dark and rotten. he complains about gum pain sometimes and told me his cheeks swell up sometimes also. he wont go to the dentist (he said hes scared). 

to see if he would confess to drug use i told him he needed to go to rehab. he said he doesnt have problems and he also told me when we first started talking that he never tried drugs. 

sometimes the teeth smell really bad like rotten eggs.

could a person have teeth like this without using drugs

Hi Muff,

Genetics can cause bad teeth.

Not going to the dentist and caring for your teeth properly can cause chipped, broken and browned/yellow teeth.  I saw on Orthodontist as a teen for my braces and saw their pictures on the wall of people who didn't care for teeth properly and it scared me into taking great care of my teeth.

I actually was on Meth for over a year and it didn't affect my teeth, maybe I was lucky or didn't do it long enough (thank god).  So not necessarily due to drugs.

You will have to make the decision if he is lying or not and being honest with you.

Hope this helps

Is he a smoker? That can cause this too. Or a past smoker.

Avoid using drugs,contact a dentist as early as possible and take necessary treatment and maintain good oral health.