I have a son that is 19 months old and I would like to fix something there. I have noticed he has underbite, and I guess he will have problems one day because of that. I do not know if I could be helpful there now, so I wanted to ask you. Can anyone tell me more about underbite in toddler? I would appreciate someone’s opinion that had toddler with the same problem.

My daughter has an underbite, and this was not surprised me because my father also has one. However, since he has being from the old country kind, he never thought of having it fixed. Bottom teeth or jaw is in front of upper in my daughter’s case. When I thought first time it should not be like this, I started to wonder if that is something that can be easily corrected when she is older. I have heard underbite in toddler could be repaired with braces, or sometimes it require some sort of jaw surgery. However, lately I found out that depending on the severity of the underbite braces may be all that is needed. If the case is more serious, surgery could be recommended. I realized that doctors would recommend extensive treatment before permanent teeth are in, so underbite in toddler could be repaired as soon as possible. This is done, unless there is serious trouble with the jaw joint itself early on. The growth of the jaws during adolescence will also affect how your child does, so maybe you should talk to your doctor. That is why I would only recommend you the same thing I am going to do, ask for opinion of dentist after he examines your son.

I am a 20 year old college student and I had an underbite when I was a child/toddler. My son, whom is 2 now, also has an underbite because he got it from me who got it from my father. My orthodontist/dentist told my parents that there IS a surgery to fix the problem. However, worried of the severity of the surgery they decided to take the longer approach. Over the course of, oh i dont know, a couple years or a year.. i had to wear a special retainer at night time and also at one point a retainer in my mouth for a short period. My sister had the same problem and was fixed the same way. I dont know of actual braces fixing hte problem but perhaps I am not up on recent things. My teeth, my sisters teeth, are perfect now. They started on us around 4 years old so I wouldnt be to worried at your baby being only 19 months.. however you can talk to a few dentists about the problem.

My son is 5 yrs old. He has a cousin who is about 3 years older than he is and he has and underbite. My son has been imitating him for about two years now and talks with his chin sticking out. I am worried he is going to accuire a permanent underbit because of it and require braces or a retainer. I don't know what to do to get him to stop?! I have tried everything from taking away his favorite things to taking him to the dentist.

I had an underbite when i was a kid also! My orthodontist did everything possibly so that they would not have to break my jaw and realign it. I had braces for 7 years, reverse head gear, permanent retainer, and an expander placed on the roof of my mouth that had to be cranked every night to push my teeth out. Not at all a process I'd ever want to live again or see anyone else go thru but it did work! I have a 10 month old son and I just noticed a couple of weeks ago that he also has an underbite! So if you guys find out about a way to fix it without getting invasive at such a young age I'd love to hear about it also!

My 4 (going on 5) year old daughter has an underbite. Our dentist (who we know well) highly recommended this piece that looks like a sports guard. I believe in the dentist recommending the piece that it will be a success---I was just hoping that it would be a little less expensive ($2000.00). He said it will totally correct the underbite and prevent further damage and high ortho bills in the future. I am not sure of the name of it but I have a website from the guard case that you can look into. www.myoresearch.com........it says it is an i-3. My daughter is supposed to wear it for 10 minutes a day to get her comfortable----we then we are to encourage her sleeping with it overnight. I know that my daughter doesn't want to wear it but she has been very good about it. It came in a cool color. I hope this helps!

My daughter had an underbite, and after a year of research. I decided to try a new method of correcting her bite, which is used in Australia. I currently live in London. 

The treatment we used is called Planas 3, she had it fitted in July of this year, and her bite and jaw has been corrected  already. 

Please contact me if you want further details. I'm so happy, and she looks so pretty! 

can you please tell me a litle more about this. Is it a pocedure or a mouth piece? My 4 year old daughter juts hew lower jaw out alot, especially when she is angry or upset. She is a beautiful girl and her father and I are concerned that her constantly doing this will cause her jaw muscles to develop in an undesirable way, kind og like a pitbull jaw (whcih my husband has, but he's a man so he can pull that off) Any info would be greatly appreciated, she will be strting school soon and I know how mean kids are. She my beautiful little girl and I want to help keep her that way. We are in America, whcih doesn't pass any new procedures without an enrmous amount of red tape first so we might not have it available here, but I am thinking if I know what to ask for I may be able to get it . Gladto hear that worked for you little girl :)

I am very curious about this Planas 3 treatment. I googled it, but nothing came up. Could you please let me know where I can find more information on it?

I had an underbite, and had to have corrective surgery when I was young, which was very invasive but effective. My orthodontist tried many other treatments prior to the surgery, none of which worked.

Planas Direct Tracks for Early Crossbite Correction

Hi can you please give me information on this? Contact numbers if possible? Cost? My son has an underbite and so glad I stumbled on this site as I thought nothing could be done until he was older

3 of my 6 children have had an underbite that we could see from small. The first two had it corrected at 5 and 7 with a palate expander and a reverse pull head gear or face mask which they wore at night only.It corrected within 6- 9 months th eoldest was quite severe and she now has a beautiful smile.We now live in another country and our 3rd daughter with this condition is being told it can only be fixed by surgery. Our orthodontist isn't interested in hearing about the sucess of my other daughters. Find a orthodontist that has experience in using the appliances i have mentioned above, it does work and they like to do it while they are still young and growing.I am willing to fly overseas to get our daughter sorted as i really don't want surgery before we have exhausted our other options.

Hello KT, please contact me regarding the planas 3 I have the same issue with my toddler. Thanks.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi kt i have the same problem. I need to start a planas 3. can you tell me the name of your orthodontist in london?

thanks

Hi my daughter who is 4 has the same underbite problem and we are now currently living in Korea. I have tried to find out any information on planas 3 but still nothing can you please provide me with some information or a picture so I can see what the piece looks like. Thank you