Hi, Im 15 and I have to get 3 teeth surgically removed. 2 of them are in my gum down the bottom and one has just broken the skin up the top but its kinda in the roof of my mouth. I think i am getting a general anesthetic but what my questions are are, how long do you think it will take and will I have to stay in overnight? (i hope not, i have already spent 18 days in hospital this year)

Thanks Jessica

Hi honey! You will NOT stay the night - most of these can even be done in a dentists office! Depending on the complexity and the length they might put you under, or just a local freezing! Should take more than a couple of hours! As they are in and out of there SO fast! - Have your mom and dad get a BUNCH of ice bags - they should have one at the clinic! It wraps around your head and it's filled with ice,this keeps the swelling down and rEALLY helps! It fastens around your head like a plastic surgery pack! Also most dentists give your antibiotics to take - just to be sure! When you say you were in hospital was it for anything to do with the heart!? As they will need to look at what they are going to use for the surgery!

Hi, Thanks that's good news then, As I have braces and that is the reason why im getting the teeth out. I have to talk to my orthodontist on what has to be done, he hasn't told me anything... :( Anyway, No it wasnt because of heart, more digestive, and well a heap of other stuff, blood in the urine ect anyway... yeah i was quite sick... but the heart was not affected. My blood presure and pulse weren't perfect but they were... Okay... Anyway thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

I Have To Get A Tooth Pulled At The Dentist It Is In My Gum Well It Has Came Out Threw The Gum But Its Not With All My Teeth Im Afraid Of Dentists And Im Scared About Getting It Out I Dont Like Blood And How Wil They Stop It From Bleeding When Its Behind My Lip And As I Cant Take Tablets How Will They Stop Me From Being In Pain. Can Someone Please Help Me!