Hi, I have I prostate cancer, and doctor recommended me brachytherapy. It is a procedure when a radioactive source is put next to the area requiring treatment. Did anyone have brachytherapy? Do you have any tips for me?

My father had a prostate cancer, and he had to do brachytherapy. It is a kind of radiotherapy, which is used for several types of cancer. Radioactive source is placed inside the cancer, or next to it. Since my father had a prostate cancer, the best brachytherapy solution were small radioactive rods implanted directly into the tumour. They are called “seeds”, and they look like metal needles, few millimeters long. They give a high radiation dose to the tumor, but not to the surrounding healthy tissues. Those seeds are put into the body through catheter, and after a series of treatments, the catheters are removed along with the seeds. Everything about brachytherapy is controlled by a computer, so the chances of making mistakes are minimal.