My uncle has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Everyone in our family is worried about him. I overheard conversation yesterday when they said that he might not live very long. I cried whole night. What is life expectancy for prostate cancer patients, does anyone knows?

When my grandfather was diagnosed with prostate cancer they gave him 5 years top… but that was 7 years ago. I guess that every man's situation is unique and the statistics can't predict exactly what will happen in your case. I guess that men now have a more favorable outlook, so life expectancy is greater that 5 years.

Hi there,
You have to understand that any cancer is very dangerous, but if the cancer is diagnosed in the early stage the chances of the cure are much higher. Can you tell me more about his cancer? Is he currently using any medication? I know that doctors usually use chemotherapy, radiotherapy and in some cases they use surgery to remove the cancer. Can you tell me if he has any problems with urination and the pain in the area where his prostate is located? I think that his doctor will be able to do the evaluation properly when he does whole tests. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Danella