I need to get some info regarding bladder cancer incidence in young persons especially in those who faced spinal cord injury. The thing is that my now 30 years old son had mild car accident and he ruptured actually his lowest vertebra that have stuck him to the bed for longer than a year and all that time he was having this indwelling catheter in order to provide effective bladder management. And he is now being diagnosed with bladder cancer and I would like to hear if bladder cancer incidence in young persons are somehow related with this indwelling catheter for that is what I have red somewhere recently.

Bladder cancer incidence- not just in young persons- is very high in persons who had spinal cord injury especially if they were having indwelling catheter. Actually some researches has shown that using no indwelling catheters are about not to cause such high bladder cancer incidence especially in young persons but still this doesn’t mean that the usage of indwelling catheter should be avoided. The thing is that those persons with spinal cord injury and with indwelling catheter experience are suppose actually to have more frequent control regarding their bladder condition just in order to avoid some possible bladder cancer condition and as for your son I suppose he is been diagnosed on time and if so the treatment chances are much bigger to be effective.

I had bladder cancer when I was 19....I did not smoke, was an athlete, and did not have a spinal injury....No explation has ever been found....