My mom had cervix cancer surgery and she is about now to start with chemo and she was also performed brachytherapy so I wonder is there anyone underwent brachytherapy for I never heard of it before. I would appreciate any info brachytherapy related for I am really concerned about my mom's health condition and would like to here would it help her get recovered. Thanks!

I underwent brachytherapy for the breast cancer I had two years ago. Brachytherapy is kind of radiation therapy and is also called internal therapy regarding the fact that radiation source is actually placed inside the patients body and is usually performed while surgery is on as in your mom's case in order to help in destroying the cervix cancer cells. You don't need to worry for it is proved that brachytherapy is very precise and is much more effective than ordinary radio therapy and has fewer side effects. And also depending on the result your mom could count on several brachytherapy treatment performed in period to come and it usually means placement of the radioactive material that is temporary from few minutes up to several days. I think that the prognosis are much better in patients that are prescribed brachytherapy for it is usually performed in persons in which the cancer has affected only small area so the regular radio therapy might be escaped and therefore also its severe side effects. I underwent brachytherapy and must say I am more than satisfied with the results.