I am about to have my first child, my due date is this week. In my 28th week of pregnancy I received a shot of rogham, because my blood type is A -negative. Since then I have read alot about the shot containing high levels of mercury and it having a possible tie to autism. I have already had the first shot and cant go back now, but it is possible I will have a second shot after the baby is born if she has a positive blood type. My question is this, i want to breast feed and I want to know if I get another shot or rogham after her birth and am breastfeeding is there a chance in passing more thermisol(i think that is the mercury agent in rogham) to my baby while breastfeeding? And is it safe to breastfeed if I do have another shot?

Hello, I am Rh + but I did some reading on Rh- and rhogam and I sort of understood that they stopped making it with thimerosal since 2001 when firsts neurological disorders have been reported but don’t take my words for granted.
Have you talked to your doctor about it? I also understood that rhogam didn’t cause any problems with breastfeeding.
I think that the first shot (at 28 weeks) is optional but that you must receive one after your delivery, or after a miscarriage or abortion; otherwise there is a risk of future pregnancies. If you develop antibodies to rh+, they may destroy your next baby’s blood and s/he may have to have their blood replaced.