I am 24 weeks pregnant with my second child. My son is eight years old and I formula fed him from the start, mainly because I felt pressured into doing so by family and friends, and also because I resumed work when he was a month old only. This time, after I have read all that the World Health Organization has to say about nursing, I do want to try to breastfeed for at least six months. Can I learn about breastfeeding at the hospital where I am going to give birth?

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I do think it is wonderful that you are committed to breastfeeding this time round! I think that there are lactation consultants in every hospital now, and that you can just ask to see them if you happen to have any trouble. But I do want you to know that breastfeeding doesn't have to be hard, or indeed something you need to learn anything about. I have had two children, and both of them were born at home. My first baby took to nursing like a champ immediately after birth! It was a simple case of latch the baby on, and that's it! I did have tender nipples for weeks after my second baby was born, but that resolved itself after a while. Please don't give up straight away if you encounter any problems, though. There is lots of help and support available, both online and in real life.