A friend of mine did meth last night for the first time. She has a newborn that she is breastfeeding. I told her not to feed him, cause it could get in his system. How long should she wait til she feeds him breast milk?

Hi

My strong recommendation would be that she not breastfeed at all. She has no idea how long the residuals from the chemical will be in her system. If she passes this on to her baby, several consequences could apply: The baby could be permanently damaged, wherein the authorities would get involved; She could end up in jail and lose custody of her baby. Why would she risk this? Is it that she can't afford formula.: I don't believe she can afford this risk and her baby certainly can't. Please adviser her that she could possibly kill her newborn with this type of risky behavior. Sometimes people think that there are no consequences for using a drug for the first time. That is an untrue myth. Furthermore, if she is a parent, she should receive counseling on the affects of drug use on the user, and the user's family. Let me know...