Hi- I have been dealing with Asthma Symptoms caused by GERD with no relief in sight. I am currently on Zegerid and a digestive Enzyme and try to follow the SCD Diet. All of this helps, but breathing still not good. I go to see my Gasterenterologist February 1st and want to know what my options are. From what I have read I can take drugs that help empty stomach and increase Spincter Pressure, but they come with alot of side effects. Anyone have any personal experience with these type of drugs? Also read up on Surgery and that can have side effects also and read surgery can come undone? Anyone had this surgery? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Does anyone feel like the cant catch their breath, but only on one side of their throat?

I was perfectly fine 3 weeks ago, i could eat whatever i wanted to with no problems.  All of a sudden i had this shortness of breath that i couldn't explain why. My doctor said it could be one of two things.  Anxiety or GERD.  well to my surprise its a little bit of both.  He gave me anxiety pills which work good but also gave me Nexium and it helps me a lot.  But.......towards the end of the day i notice meds wear off and start feeling the shortness of breath again :( it scares me but i try to calm down.  I also feel the tightness in my throat but i can't explain if that is GERD or anxiety.  I want to say it is GERD because i chew on a sugar free candy and it goes away some what.  I hate feeling like this.  My brother has the worst symptoms i can imagine, throws up after every meal, yet he doesn't experience the shortness of breath at all.  I wonder if there is a little more to it than just GERD?  

GERD is a known condition CAUSED by candida overgrowth. Go to the candida forums and websites to find out more.