Hi, Last year in August, I got sick to my stomach after eating an afternoon meal. For two weeks I was unable to keep anything down had to get IV because I was dehydrating. I had all kinds of blood tests which came back normal, I had a ultrasound and an EKG which were both fine. I also had an upper GI done and that revelaed a hiatal hernia. My symptoms are  shortness of breath (can't seem to get a full breath of air) which causes anxiety, because I feel I am suffocating, feel as if left side of my throat and nose close up, no energy, constantly yawning and strong palpiltations in my stomach I also can't sleep well at night. Somedays are worse than others. I'm currently on Prozac and Xanax for Anxiety and Pepcid for my stomach. About a month ago, while asleep, I was awaken and this heat rush went through my entire body, my throat seemed to close, I was dizzy and shaky and my tongue felt swollen. It only lasted less than 5 minutes and once it went away, I began shaking because I was really cold. Has anyone experienced anything similar??? I've had this happen to me once since the first time and it happened last night again. Could it possibly have to do something with my stomach problems?? After the episode, I have a taste in my mouth like medicine (aspirin). I don't take aspirin because of my stomach problems. I'm really scared that something bad is happening to me!

Last night the same kinda thing happened to me.. I was sleeping and woke up around 4 in the morning with a horribly upset stomach... well I went to the bathroom and was vomitting and I also had horrible diarreah... my stomach was cramping so bad, and I couldnt really distinguish if i had to vomit first or poop so I held the trash can by me while I was on the toilet in case I was going to vomit.. and then after I was done, my stomac was still cramping, so I grabbed my pilow and a blanket and laid down in the bathroom.. my whole entire body seemed to go numb and start shaking, my heart was beating fast and I couldn't breathe.. I also take prozac for anxiety and this stuff seriously freaked me out and gave me bad anxiety.. I seriously felt like I was going to die... after a few minutes I took a hot bath and felt a little better and then I laid down in bed and fell back asleep and was good after that.. but it was scary.. and the dumb internet doesnt say what this was so if anyone knows plz let me know

hello. i'm currently experiencing similar symptoms as you are. Specifically, mines are: tighteness of the throat, almost feel like something is stuck in there, shortness of breath, stomach bloating/discomfort, and terrible pain in my abdomen after eating spicy food. I am coming to the conclusion that it may be Acid Reflux Disease.
You could search it on Wikipedia or so for details. If you think this may be the cause, I think it's a very good idea to be seen as soon as possible, since its complications could be really threatning. I, myself, am going to be seen tomorrow. I wish you good luck for your recovery.

stomach cramps and diarrhea I experienced after taking nexium for more than 5 days. Same issue when I tried omeprazole, lansoprazole famotidine (Pepcid), ranitidine and cimetidine. Sucralfate worked for me. A Hydrogen Ion binder, it binds to ulcer and protects it. By prescription only.

that hernia can cause problems whith your dieafram making you feel full and giveing you the feeing of shortness of breath which is a chain reaction to your anxiety and trust me i lived with this four 8 years it cost me my job as a fire fighter and i thought i was crazy b/c all the doctor wonts is to get you out so thay use things like anxiety gerd ibs and all kinds of stuff when all you need is that damm hernia took care of finda new doc ps iam sorry for the spelling

Did you ever figure out what was wrong when you were having the stomach problems and shortness of breath? I'm a 24 y/o (was) healthy female. I have been having this exact thing for over 2 months now...docs haven't been much help. Just trying to get along day by day...

please email me

:!:

I cannot say why the people who posted on here were nauseous necessarily but I think that the physical problem was accompanied by panic attacks. Those people who were already taking medication for anxiety are the ones I am referring to. Panic attacks can be very severe and convince you that you are dying (which doesn't exactly help to alleviate the anxiety). Google panic attacks and you will see how convincingly real they are and how they can bring on all sorts of physical symptoms including shortness of breath and constrictions of the throat etc.

Hope this helps

Kurt

I'm a little nervous, I have this burning feeling in my chest and my stomach for the most part feels like it's full. I have tighteness of the throat, (can't seem to get a full breath of air), it feels like my throat and nose close up. i do experience panic attacks and I've also have PTSD. I'm really nervous about this. Just wondering if it's stomach problems or lung problems. hope someone can help me. :-(

I have for about 10 years been going through feeling so panic and anxiety attacks due to my stomach..It always feels full and bloated anytime I eat especially certain foods wheat, greasy, and alcohol makes it a huge mess. I experience shortness of breath a lot and feels like there is a brick in my stomach it can causes gases to back up can give me palpitations and I'm so hungry but cant eat alot of food or my stomach goes nuts..I'm on 40 to 80 mg of pantaloc a day!!I get hot flashes a lot but there starting to get better as I control the food I eat more..The only thing on here I don't see is well I get heart racing from time to time and once I take a pantoloc it settles it down right away....I feel the fullness and bloating on my left side all the time and tight clothes bother it and exercise or lifting things. but my doctor said he thinks I'm to young for a hiatus hernia I'm 32...If I sleep sitting up I feel better.I can't lay down after I eat or my stomach goes nuts and i will wake up and my hear is racing like crazy!!!Sitting after I eat bothers me to..I can only ever eat small amounts...All these feelings cause me to have anxiety attacks all the time so I'm on ativan when needed it is an anti anxiety meds..Stress makes it worse and being upset...My stomach sticks out a bit on my left side to as well and its always bloated and feels full on the left side below my rib cage...
There just starting to check now for celiac disease and so on but my doc said probably not a hernia to young...The shortness of breath is the worst part and causes me to have anxiety attacks...What do they do for hernia's

Your symptoms sound exactly like my friends, oddly he was going in for surgery for a h hernia but when they gave him his antastigia (Sp) his blood pressure sky rocketed. The doctor then knew he had a problem with his adrenal glands. He had a tumor on them. Once they removed it he was better. He had 10 years of doctors telling him he had anxiety and acid reflux. Your post sounds so much like his story.

Your not to young for h hernia. my friend has had it for years and he's 28! he had an operation to wrap part of his stomach around the top of his stomach to prevent reflux. Have you had a test for H. phlori? I picked it up in Thailand and i had heart palpatations, dizzyness, swollen throat and difficulty breathing, heat rushes and dizzyness. The prescribed stomach tablets didnt work and i found gaviscon liquid very useful when i found it difficult to breath as it coated the top of my throat where the acid was causing the damage.

I have the same condition, my stomach is out since last couple of year and I feel pain in my left chest area. The pain get relief when I take anti-depression medicine. With my experience I would like to share that full stomach can cause shortness of breath. Maqsood

I have the same problems and I have been to many doctors but none have been able to help me at all they all just kind of experiment with me but not one has found a solution to my problem. I get alot of heat in stomach and it get hard to breathe I feel as if I have something stuck in my throat. I also get very light headed like if I am going to pass out. I found an herbal aisian doctor who does his own medicine. With his medicine I don't get nervous any more I use to get anxiety realy bad. He says that because your stomach doesn't air it has in there it makes you nervous because it is pushing aginst your lungs which doesn't let the lungs fully expand and that creates all that heat in stomach. If your intrested he can explain it better. He is in Houston Texas and his hours are Tues. thru Sat. 9: am - 6: pm and his phone # is 713-956-1418 and his name is Edwin tell him Jorge recommended you. He will help you and he will even ship out his medicine to you if you can't go see him. It won't hurt to try him all his medicine is 100% natural unlike what doctors give you that is realy damaging your insides. Good luck.

i had the same problem...yesterday my nose start acting up again as if it is blocked due to dust. I am allergic to dust and it makes throat seems to have mucus and feels tight then around midnight i start having shortness of breath which makes me dissy and hands and feet numb. i thought i am going to collapse coz im running out of air. So i went to the doctor this morning had a urine test done and its normal. Then had a ECG test and heart beat so fast and run. He checked my stomach and he said that it is full of gas that why i had difficulty of breathing when trying to pass though mouth thus this makes heart goes up like heartburn. He said that bloated mainly cause of not eating on time...which i am coz i have a baby to attend to pluc the household chores so eating on time is very hard for me. He gave me medicine for my heart to beat normal and medicine to release gas after meal. I feel better now as i trump and burp a lot. hope my experience help :-))

I have this problem but i have Celiac Disease and also suffer from anxiety. I had been suffering from this disease for 24 years before being diagnosed and after changing what I eat I have felt much better. Also my Doc. said to cut out lots of sugar and caffeine. This disease can be checked by a blood test. Hope this can help.