Hi, im only 15, i cant seem to stop concentrating on my breathing, it is like it is becoming a struggle. This has only come about in the past week. Before that i could just breath normally without even thinking about it, but nowi keep having to take deep breaths some of which feel like they are relief and feel good, others of which just feel bad an unneeded. Also my throat feels really tight. I was wondering if anyone could have a guess at what is wrong and any suggestions as what to to.
Thanx

It does sound like anxiety, but there are also many medical issues that can cause anxiety symptoms. (hyperthyroidism is one of them) If it continues or worsens, make sure there isn't a medical cause before you seek treatment for anxiety.

Also, if you do find out you have anxiety, please don't begin any medication for it unless you first try other ways to control it. Maybe you are just going through something right now and it will pass. Therapy works for many people without ever having to go on medication.

I hope you feel better soon!

mykal" :? wrote:

ANXIETY!

try endoscopy for GERD or acid reflux

i hav the problem of heavy breathing and trouble when i go to bed. i hav tighness n my throat and wen i eating or other times i take big brethes but sum times i cant reach point where i am happy. i went to the hospital and they said i have acid in my stomache and gave me sum pills but they dont seem to working

im 18 and i have had trouble breathing for last 2 years it hard to take deep breathes and wen i do its a relief also i hav a tight throat most day. i was referred to the hospital n they said i had acid in my stomache n put me on sum tablets but i dont think that is right. does my syptooms sound familer to n e one ?

My throat also felt tight and had difficulty breathing about 1 week before my diagnosis of thyroid cancer. I am not saying you also have this problem but maybe going to a doctor would be a good idea...

wewll i had that camera thingy stuck up my nose for the thyroid check n they said i had acid n stomache but i don believe that is the cause. dont add up

An ultrasound would be a better method to access your thyroid. The "camera thingy" that's down your nose only allows a physician to see within the trachea, the thyroid is located outside the trachea.

hi, im 18 and ive been having a tight throat for a few months now along with tight chest. most obvious in early and late hours of the day... and i get a lot of mucous production every morning when its really tight when i wake up. my GP says its asthma.. it think it's ridiculous... i dont know what to do :-(

I am getting this problem as well, a really tight feeling in my throat. Its stress, if I stop thinking about it it just gos away, but it bugs me when ti comes back. Mind you I have A Level exams shortly, may explain the stress.

I have been getting a tightening in my throat along with shallow breathing. I have also had a stuffy nose and a lot of mucus that is worse in the morning and at night. It has caused me to have trouble sleeping. This has been going on for the past 3 months. Any idea of what it might be?

im only 16 and i have been getting this tight feeling in my throat and sometimes its hard for me to swallow and it feels like my throat is closing up, and sometimes i get light headed. help?

I have had these breathing problems for about 4 months now. I am 27 and very healthy and all of a sudden this problem started with my breathing. And there would be some chest pain and all over muscle tightness.... Two doctors thought it was asthma. Two said it definitely is not. I have been on asthma meds for 3 months now and it still comes and goes as it pleases. Sometimes I barely notice it and other times, like the past week, it is incredibly frustrating. I have no answers. The docs checked my heart and lungs and said neither were the problem.... I am working in Mexico now and cannot go to the doctor and have no answers...it's scary.

I have some good news for you to consider. I too had similar problems. Kind of like felt like breathing through a thin Straw making breathing more of a struggle and having to take extra breaths to catch up.

My problem as it utrned out had nothing to do with Anxiety.

Well" I eventually found out what was coursing my problem. It is called CHEMICALS!!!! I noticed how this would become like this after i was using my Aftershave. I stopped using my Aftershave, incidentialy witch happened to be expensive French Aftershave. My breathing returned to a normal breathing just how it should be. I promply chucked the expensive Aftershave in the BIN. I did further research on the Internernet CHEMICAL effects on scented Products and sure enough, there was enough about it to substantiate my symptons. This alo includes Perfume that can have a drastic effect on ones breathing. Chemicals such as Benzylacetate, Ethyl Acetate, Limone, Linalool and Terpinol just to mention the main ones here. These are also in PERFUME Girls!

Check the Web and do your research and you be amazed what Consumers are not made aware of on many Products. My Daughter is a Hairdresser. I am concerned for her because she is exposed to Chemicals every day. She often feels like c**p. I gave her the information andnit is up to her to use this.

Hope this helps. When looking up on Chemicals. Look for Principal toxic chemicals found in scented products

(Material Safety Data Sheet) Good luck!!

Ray

If you use Perfume stop using this, If you don't use perfume then look at other scented products you use and experiment in not using one to see if your problem subsides. My problem was Aftershave! I stopped using this and it all went away withing a week. Check the Web on scented products and you be amazed what Perfume can do to a persons breathing.