I have been for 1 mounth with stomach ache and throut sore. The pain in my stomach does wakes me up at night. I have difficulty breathing sometimes. One night I called the ambulance as I had terrbele pain in my chest. The did everything in hospital but did not came up with enything but I am still not feeling well. Sometime the pain moves from the stomach to the chest. What could be? Please wating for an answar.

Have them check your thyroid

Hi- sounds like GERD(Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease). I have the same symptoms. With GERD, our stomach produces too much acid and it travels up your esophagus and that is why your throat would be sore. I also have difficulty breathing, was treated for Asthma for two years. New Asthma Doc diagnosed me with GERD and sent to an ear nose and throat who prescribed Priolsec, did not help much. Next went to Gasterenterologist who Prescribed Zegerid and I am also taking a digestive enzyme from the health food store and being very careful about what I eat. Doing much better now, still having trouble with my breathing , but am going again to my Gasterenterologist in February to see if maybye he can prescribe a higher dose of the Zegerid or if I have to take something else (I am currently trying the SCD Diet hoping that eating easier to digest foods will help). Try taking an OTC such as Prilosec and try not to eat anything acidic or hard to digest such as, broccoli or steak. If you look on the internet for Information on GERD, you can find a complete list of foods you should avoid. Also, elevate the head of your bed 6-8 inches and try not to sleep on your right side as this will help prevent the acid from going up your Esophagus. If these things help you probably have GERD and should go see your doctor for treatment. Hope this helps-Good Luck!

I have a simaler problem to yours but mine started 12 years ago they diagnosed me with asthma.For about six years then my family doc sent me to a ear nose and throat doc because i used an inhailer for six years and i still always felt the same.Then i went and saw the ent, doc he said i had vocal cord dysfunction. M y throat would tighten up when it shouldnt he sent me for speech therapy with breathing techniques they just didnt work i was always bloated and had pain right underneath the abdomen and my breathing is always tight i use my inhailer so many times a day and my chest still feels tight all the time and when i get gas ,bloating or stomach pain my breathing would get worse. I went and saw a gasterologist and did so many tests exrays ,ultrasounds and all the other exams and they found nothing he said i may have ibs, irratle bowl syndrome but he doesnt know .Well he didnt give me much of an answer either a year later i went back to the ent, doc he said i need to see some one for mental disorders he wasnt happy with how i came sto his office upset but you would if you were sick and no answers. So now im embaressed to go back to him but i think thats what he wanted now iv been to other ent,doc but they said i have to deal with doc . I think the ent, doc was very ignorant and did not give me any answers but i always tell my family doc that i am still having the same problem and he just offers me a different prescription everytime for acid but they dont help i feel i was not treated proerly at all now i sit here day by day waiting for an answer because my family doc says im not mental but what is he gonna do he doesnt no the ent, doc pretty much refuses to try botox for my vocal cords to see if it will help and he knows i have vcd, my story is sad but true but my husband always says one day there will be a miracle and i wait there is nothing else i can do if you know of any thing that can help any kind of medication or who i should go see please let me know i appreciate your time for reading my story.

Hi guys
I have the same problem as you have , difficulty breathing bloated stomach
the first time I went to the doctor they think ashma, they did lung xtray, heart, nose all normal. it's been a year now I went back to my doctor 2 weeks ago he said i need to see a psychiatry, it's very humiliating.
i gone to holistic as well but still the same.

Hi
I have the same problem. completely same as yours. they sent me to psychatrist. because everythings was ok!

I need to know more. because I am really frustrated and lost my normal life.

I have been very sick for 3 months now with the same problem. Stomach hurts all the time, pains at night in stomach, and it hurts to breathe. It all started when I had surgery and took a strong anitbiotic and pain pills. I had a lot of tests and the only things they found was GERD. I have been taking Zegrid 2 pills a day and drinking carafate 4 times a day with no relief. I stopped 1 Zegrid pill and all the carafate just yesterday I had a good day but today the stomach isn't hurting as bad but the breathing is really bad. My doctor doesn't know what it is and is sending me to a teaching hospital for futer testing. I have had problemss with cramping in the lower adomen for yhears and it has slowly moved upwards. I had something simalar 2 years ago which went away except for the pains in my stomach at night. I am ususally a very happy person but I am slowly getting depressed. HELP!!!

I also have these problems breathing taking in a deep breath is very hard work I also have pressure and pain in my chest. I have been to the doctor he thought ashma and gave me puffers. this had no effect we then tried Nexium a drug to treat GERD this has no effect my doctor seems to be giving me the run around as I think he is not sure what is going on we have set up tests for hulter monitor to check my heart and also a test to check my breathing and I am going for a endoscopy I am getting very werried I feel pressure and pain in my chest the thought of not knowing is stressing me out should I go see a cardioligist ? has anyone here been having these problems let me know or is there any at home things I can try

I have very similar problems too after gall bladder removal and 3 rounds of antibiotics to kill H pylori. If I have a couple of 90% full meals for a few days, I will have bloating, heart burn, tingy feeling from throat to stomach when swallowing, rapid heartrate (up to 100), lightheadedness, shortness of breath, tight chest, intermittent nerve pain all over the left chest wall, chill, numbness in limbs, all come at the same time. Feels like I am dying, really. All tests heart, blood, lung appear normal so doc said I have panic attack but i know it was not under stress during the stomach 'attack' becasue i was either shopping or playing golf. Nevertheless, nexium and xanax seem to relief symptoms but nothing seems to prevent it except eating slowly and only half full. Sometimes hot food or liquid will make it worse. Exercise will worsen it too. Ice water/drink seems to give some quick relieves too. I am having the attack as i write this...oh well, learning to live with it until new medical discovery

I have for the mos tpart hthe same thing, except with terrible stomach pain. I had rocky moutain and there doing an endoscopy on me to to check for stricture or a stomach hernia. Mine started in my chest then spread to my ribs and stomach. I also had to do a unpainful yet nasty berrum swallow

i am going through the same phase of bloated stomach and tight throat and lot of upward pressure in abdomen ,often wake up with rapid heart beat ,difficult breath,light headed,dizzy also feels many times this is the last time i am having it .visited GI,cardiologist,family physician,psychatrist dont know what to do now?

I've been suffering now since Oct 07 when I had terrible chest pains and had my wife take me to A&E as thought I was having a heart attack I even had an ECG, a treadmill test, chest x-ray and blood test which all showed normal, turns out I get really bad heartburn due to excessive stomach acid. I've had various over the counter remedies and tablets prescribed but non seem to work or have nasty side effects. I also get numbness or tingling sensation in limbs and feel so bad I even wondered if there's something more serious wrong with me. I started to eat more sensible and decided to join the gym, I lost weight and found this helped a lot although the symptoms did not disappear completely but since putting on weight again I find that the acid has returned with a vengance and now feels like I can't breath and my chest feels tight, have pains in my stomach and feel bloated after meals. Doctors are useless as they just keep putting it down to stress but who wouldn't feel stressed with the symptoms that I've been getting!

I know exactly what you are feeling. im 21 years and have supposdily diagones with GERD. I have really bad pains in my stomach. difficulty breathing, chest pains and feeling like i have to throw up every morning. I have lost alot of weight. and being short people look at me like im sick. I went to my doctor who ran test and and everything came back fine. Then suggested I went i see a Shrink. Which I Was embarresed after I left because i know im not crazy, i hate that doctors always use that as a last resort. So i went to anoter doctor and she pretty much said the same thing. That it was GERD!. She even ran blood test and it came back fyne. IVe been to 2 ENT doctors. 1 who said it was my allergys, and 1 who said it was GERD!. ITS GETTING SO BAD TO THE POINT WERE I CANT SLEEP, IM SEVERLY DEPRESSED BECAUSE IM SCARED THAT IT MIGHT BE A MORE SERIOUS ILLNESS LIKE CANCER OR SOMETHING. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING CRAZY. WELL I KNOW EXACTY WHAT U FEEL. SO DON WORRY, PEOPLE AT ANY AGE CAN FEEL THIS WAY.

Not to sound rude, but all of the doctors who said "see a shrink" aren't just blowing smoke.

I have a bad anxiety disorder, and I moved last year, so my insurance is now different (I can't just see a psychiatrist, I have to enter into a "mental health care program"). Because of this, I haven't had anything to help with my anxiety or depression since March. I do have Gerd, and I get the bloated/upset/nausea abdomen, and difficulty breathing. I also get a metallic feeling in my throat (not so much a 'taste', so much as it feels as if my esophagus has become a metal tube. I do take prilosec, but when I get this feeling, I have to take an OTC anti-acid to make it go away). What I'm trying to say though, is I *know* this is aggravated by my mental condition. Even though I've had outright panic attacks and do know what they're like, there's a silent panic attack. It's like your brain is all rational and logical, but your subsconscious is secretly panicking and affecting your physical body negatively. I have on occasion been able to deter these effects (and when you are able to soothe/stabilize your mind as a whole, trust me, you KNOW the difference), but at the time it was because there was a singular source I was particularly perturbed with, and able to focus everything on that one source, then reconciling with it. I slept WONDERFULLY for a few nights after that, but once the aggravation started in again, I started having the stomach problems, breathing problems, light headedness, etc. I personally really liked Cymbalta. The first month, the outright panic attacks increased, but after that, they just went away. In fact, almost ALL the panic related symptoms (even the silent ones mentioned above) went away. My mood was more relaxed (I still got peeved, but never really angry angry), and it even helped control my appetite, I lost weight! Granted it didn't do anything for the psychological release (trust me, it really pays to have someone you can vent to, even if that someone is a paid psych), but curbing the negative physical effects of a not-quite-right mind was a HUGE help. I strongly urge you to follow up with the psychiatrist. Even if the problem does turn out to be mainly physical, just the "I'm worried" comments show that you are affecting yourself mentally (and the worst thing about anxiety is it feeds on itself, it's self-perpetuating).

I have similar symptoms: difficulty breathing, bloating, gas, tight chest, and trouble swallowing. After being told I was just anxious, then diagnosed w/ asthma and given an inhaler that did NOTHING but make me anxious, and then being told that i was having anaphylaxic symptoms after eating so it must be allergies (I have NO allergies), and then being told that I probably just need to relax, they finally did a scope on me and and I was diagnosed w/ a hiatal hernia. I still don't know if that's my only problem; i believe that I have further gastrointestinal issues. gall stones? Anyway, good luck to all my fellow sufferers. It can be scary at times when you're gasping for air and your stomach is bloated out like there's a balloon inside you.