Hi i am 18 yrs old. I started having minor chest pain so i got a heart scan. perfectly normal. Then all the sudden i started to have  shortness of breath, like i couldnt get a full fullfilling breath unless i really tried. i keep thinking about it and its driving me crazy(im also pretty sure i have anxiety. although i have never been officially diagnosed with it)Since i have panic attacks often. The shortness of breath started after i smoked TONS of weed one day. its been going on ever since, about 1 month. So i got a pulminary function test where u blow into the tube. and it came out perfectly normal. Then I had an upper GI xray done and it found a stomach ulcer(not a horrible one just a small one. So obviously i have GERD i can pretty much feel the acid. i have not been treated at all for it though. So can someone please re assure me that this shortness of breath is just GERD. it can get pretty bad if i start panicking insanely bad. to the point where i feel extremely lightheaded. I had anxiety attacks before these GERD symptoms or shortness of breath though. Its kinda weird though i shouldnt have anxiety, i am not stressed out over anything i have a great life i love everything and everyone in it. i am always doing fun things. im not depresssed. im a physically tough person(i was always the big jock in high school). so its so weird to think i have a freaking anxiety disorder. it must be something else. maybe something is just triggering minor anxiety i dont know. But has anyone ever had Breathing problems with their GERD? if theres enough acid to cause an ulcer shouldnt there be enough to make it hard to breath? I also have never been diagnosed with asthma or any serious condition for that matter. my dad would have noticed something serious after all these 18 years since hes a pulminary physician. i have no wheezing or asthma symptoms. i do not wanna go to my dad and say im insanely anxious i always feel like i cant breath. lol hopefully this is just GERD and not: 1.a serious condition like anemia or a lung condition 2. just severe anxiety cause emotiional distress is really stupid. Sorry this was so long i just really need some advice i cant stop thinking about me not getting enough air from my breaths. its actually pissing me off cause im used to feeling normal. never stress or depression. so any help would be greatly appreciated. damn that was long im so sorry.

I have a hiatal hernia and am having the same problems. Difficulty breathing and sometimes irregular heart beats. (palpitations).
I may also have a ulcer too. Been wondering if I am stressed but I honestly don't believe so. It is really annoying and frightening sometimes too. The doctor I have been talking too does not see any link between stomach problems, palpitations, and breathing problems. Got an appointment to get a chest x ray to see if I have asthma. But I know I don't. I am also taking tablets to reduce acid production in my stomach.

Have either of you resolved what was happening to you? I'm going through the same thing, just waiting for test results. Thank you.

I hope you get this message and get to a chiropractor. A hiatal hernia causes all the symptoms you have mentioned and more. My daughter had this pain and more. On Jan 20, 2010 the chiropractor fixed the hiatal hernia and all her symptoms are gone. You are unable to get deep breath because of the hernia. A massage therapist can also fix the problem. I took my daughter back to the Gastroenterologist and he said it was all jibber jabbish. Then he examined her and couldnt' believe she didn't have anymore stomach pain. he had been unable to touch her stomach before and he ran ALL sorts of tests to try and figure out what was wrong. So many people have a hiatal hernia. Google Steven H. Horne, hiatal hernia and get to a chiropractor and don't listen to the medical profession tell you it won't work. My daughter is well after 14 months of suffering. She is only 15 y.o. Best of luck to you.

Have you found a solution to whats happening to you because im having the same problem and i dunno what to do?
Thanxx..

its the aspirate from GERD, it goes into your lungs.

Lately I have been having stomach cramping, back aches, headaches, nausea, and other symptoms. I was 75% sure I was pregnant. Went to the doctors yesterday and they checked me for some bacterial stomach virus. My results were negative. Without any further tests they concluded that I have an ulcer. No pregnancy test. And I am starting to wonder if their diagnosis was right. Or if next month they are gonna say oops.. You were pregnant. I've never had an ulcer before. And Im supposed to take these pills... I'm just not 100% sure I am being treated correctly. Was wondering if anyone had any advice????

It sounds as though you need both an endoscopy and a pregnancy test. The latter being more urgent. An endoscopy will prove beyond doubt whether there is or is not a stomach ulcer. If you're still worried about pregnancy ask for a test, if they're giving you meds it's important to know these things. I too had test for the bacteria and was negative. Waiting on my own endoscopy now - if you don't know it's a camera passed down your throat and into your stomach that allows them to see exactly what's going on. Best of luck.

Hi.My name is Chioma and i just started having those same symptoms you are having and its not easy at all.Simply makes it more difficult to do all those things you used to enjoy but you really just have gerd like i do and i cant wait for the season to end.it simply gets worse during the cold seasons.

yeahhhhhh ty ng

Hi. I just got confirmed after readin your history. .. that m suffering xactly same . Hav same symptoms n tests normal. But no ilcer. Please help n guide if u could sort out your problem. How do I cope and where n whom to consult. Plz mail asap. Thanks.

I have the exact same kind of thing happening to me to the letter they u need to be tested for h pilory thats what i had i took antibiotics and it helped but i feel like im getting right back to the same especially not being able to breathe well and start to panic ive never even been sick much it came out of the blue and makes no sense

Last year I had a very horrible pain in my stomach and I just went to a walk in clinic and they told me I had to get to the Hospital NOW! and when i got there they said it could be an ulcer, my appendix, or just gas. about 2 days later the pain went away so i'm guessing it was a build up of gas, but you should still get it checked out just in case cause they don't go away they just get bigger if you keep getting stressed out. check this out about me

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

bro i have same problem u have . what i have to do is a proper diet and there are few medicines . just find a good doctor for ulcer this sh*t happens just because of ulcer .

I too also do have difficulty in breathing whenever I have ulcer attack . But I think one of the major cause of that difficulty is as a result of the smoke. But you need to have a checkup