I underwent thyroid surgery in 2005 which resulted in partial vocal cord paralysis. This condition affected my voice and my breathing. The voice issue was rectified by another surgery in 2006 to "fix" the vocal cord. I am still suffering from breathing issues. I often get choked (sometimes in the middle of the night), I suffer shortness of breath, wheezing, and the like. I cannot even enjoy a good "belly laugh" anymore because I literally feel as though my throat has closed and I can't get any air and feel like I am going to pass out. This condition has radically changed my lifestyle. Is there something I can do to correct it. I've seen countless numbers of doctors: neurologist, endocrinologist; pulmonologist, ENT, and the list goes on. HELP!!!

Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine is used to treat sleep apnea and respiratory difficulty. It may be useful in treating your condition. Talk to your doctor about this.