Hi for the last couple of year of 2 I`ve been having a problem whenever i eat or not eat i get alot of gas that i regurgatate, I also struggle to breath and use an asthma pump. but it feels like i have to force my lungs to breath and have to stand up every now and then to get a full breath. I yawn alot too. I tried to use anti acids which did not work well, and when i don`t eat for about 4 - 6 hrs i get week and feels like i`m starving. i eat enough and weigh 84 Kilo`s Ive tried everything from no allegy food, to being a vegeterian. nothing has worked, i eat normally again now. I alwaz find it hard to breath after eating, and at night, and i burb alot!. I`m def. not diabetic, I`ve stop drinkin for 3 months now, but no affect, and when i drink the next mornin my lower stomach is very soar and i struggle to breath when i`m fully awake. I don`t know whats wrong with me the doctors have said its my chest gave me medication, its an ulcer gave me medication, but nothing has worked. I also feel like sum1 is straggling me all the time. do i have intestinal problems or do i have bad asthma or what do i have please help!!!!!!!

Celebrity
You could be suffering from GERD. GERD could cause breathing problems but it would first cause some damage to your upper gastrointestinal organs like esophagus and lungs.

When the esophagus sphincter is not working properly and stomach acid travels back from the stomach to the esophagus, it could also go to the airways and damage the lungs but it could also go to the trachea and the nose. This is how breathing problems develop.

If you have had all the exams performed including GI tract, cardiac and respiratory evaluations, then maybe they could test you while eating to see what exactly it is going on.

I was treated for Asthma(to no avail) for 2 years b4 i went to a new allergy/Asthma doctor who diagnosed me with GERD. I did not even know I had this condition, as I did not see symptoms myself. I am on Zegerid and diet, stomach better, but still have breathing problems. Varies between bearable to short, shallow breaths and feeling like I am going to have an Asthma Attack. I am going to Gasterenterologist who did a stomach scope on me to see extent of GERD -painless procedure, put me out, I felt nothing. Best sleep I have had in years. I have another appt. on Feb 1st and plan on discussing breathing problems with him. I will post info after my appt. If Asthma Meds are not working for you, I was on Advair and Albuterol, GERD is certainly worth looking into. Talk to your Doctor. Good Luck!

LuckDog,
Did you get to the Dr yet? I have the same thing, it's hard to breathe atfer you eat , wrost at night when trying to go to sleep, it's like your airway is blocked. I have to force myself ( not finger) like I have to poop, but then food will come out of my throat and I feel better. I need to get this checked out. What did you dr say? I am currenlty taking Protonox.

What did the dr say about breathing and eating.
I have the same thing. Its hard to breathe after eating and at night when lying down.

In September, after a night of light drinking, i ended up quite nauseaus and was so for the whole next day, i didnt drink for another two weeks, and the same thing started happening, and I got a pressure in my back, so i stopped drinking

Randomly a few weeks later my stomach was very upset, i had no appetite, and i was nauseaus, so i took some prilosec and was on it for several months and was pretty good, occasional uneasiness with some back pressures

However, about three weeks ago, i stopped taking the prilosec for a few days and started taking metoclopramide, a motility drug, after about four days on it (i dont know if there was a correlation) i was very sick nauseaus and had no appetite for several days and I still do not have much of an appetite

During this time, i had catscan, upper endoscopy- showed minor irritation of stomach lining and esophogus, gastric emptying and other tests done- I still dont have much of an appetite and feel nauseaus, Ive been thinkin a lot about death, and have started to get headaches, dizziness, and i occasionally see afterimages or stars in my vision (I had my eyes checked and they found nothing)

Can someone please help me, im really worried

Billo, I have the same symptoms, there are alot of things that can cause the symptoms with your eyes from a sinus infection to stressing out and hyperventalating. GO to your Doctor and you will find it is treatable

Did you ever find the cause?

Go get an echo test done of your heart. I had the same problem and turned out I had hereditary cardiomyopathy, a thickening of the central heart wall which makes it harder for the heart to beat especially during periods of physical exertion or after eating when the stomach presses against the heart.

hey i dont know if you still get on here and check this but i have for the last year had the exact same problems...difficulty breathing and eating some foods.. it feels like it gets stuck in my throat and i have to make it come back up..a about three months ago i went to a doctor who practices natural things and got a blood and stool and spit test... the results came back as a gluten allergy...also i had low vit B levels and other things as well ...i have no past of astma but i do have a past of anxiety..i have been on a gluten free diet now for over three months..the regurgitation is gone...the breathing is slowly getting better but you have to be committed to the diet... also i have been on a few other pills to help kill some of the bad bacteria i have in my system.. its been a long road and i still have much to go but as of now i see a light at the end of a long scary tunnel...hit up a natural doctor who will concentrate on the whole body... i hope if you havent figured it out yet you get this!

Chiropractic works!! Ive suffered from exactly what your describing and after seeing my chiropractor my life has changed. Chiropractic is more than just back and neck pain doctors. They address the whole body. Chiropractic is about letting  you body heal itself the way it was designed to do. Its about being able to have 100% communication between your brain and your body. If your brain is not communicating with your body then your body wont know what to do. Thats exactly what was happening with me. My brain was not communicating with my stomach and intestines. After having an adjustment my body was operating at 100%. Its just like brushing your teeth, in order for your nervous system to remain healthy you have to get adjusted. The same goes for your teeth, if you dont brush they fall out or decay.  sh*t who doesn't want to live to their full potential. Go see you CHIROPRACTOR today!!!