I have had a continued shortness of breath since the birth of my son 2 years ago. I was diagnosed with hiatus hernia about 2 months after and have been on pariot since. I do have occasional heartburn but not often. my breathing always is a problem. I always feekl like i am always trying to catch my breath. It is worse some days than others and it doesn't matter if it is a physical task or not. Chest ex-rays and breathing test have come back normal. My doctor thought it might be anxiety but for some reason i cant believe that. I know what anxiety is and i truly dont feel i have it. please any help would be great

I too, have had shortness of breath and a weird sensation when I take a deep breath in. My son is 10 months now. I had a normal vag. delivery, but when I was pushing I felt this horrible chest/sternum pain. My OB said it will pass when you push out your baby. Well it did pass, but after I gave birth and was recovering in post op, that is when the breathing issues started. I have been to numerous docs. Have had upper GI series done, Endoscopy, Chest x-rays, CT scans...nothing.  I do have heartburn. I also have anxiety. They all tell me it's anxiety. I don't believe it! I don't know where else to turn or get any more info. I am miserable. I have a hard time standing up straight, because I actually feel like there is something pulling in my sternum/chest/abdomin area.

I hope you have gotten the answers you are/were looking for.  I wonder if this will ever get any better. Is surgery an option for me? I swear it's a hiatal hernia or something of that nature. If anyone out there is reading this please help!

did you ever figure this out? I have the same things since my daughter was born 19 months ago and nothing is showing up...

Did you find out what it was? I have the same thing! (4 months pp)

How are you now? Do you feel better?