I think I posted on the wrong forum (pregnancy forum), so I posted here again so maybe there is better chance to get help. Thanks

=====================================

Around a month ago, I had medical abortion. I bled heavily for one week. Then it became light, and on and off for three weeks, most days it was just spotting. Sometimes I can tell it is old blood. Now at the end of the fourth week, spotting change to pretty light bleeding, with bright blood, only seen when I go to the toilet.

I went to checkup at the end of the 2nd week. Doctor said there are some retained blood there. He advised me to come back to check if I do not get my period after 4 or 6 weeks from the first day of heavy bleeding.

Since my period is 28 days. Could this very light bleeding be my period? This is exactly 28 days after the first day of heavy bleeding.

Is it normal? do I have to be concerned? I'm really very worried now. Now I really regret abortion a lot though.

I think that this 'new' bleeding is likely your first period. I had an abortion at the end of Nov and my bleeding pattern was very much like yours in the month following. Since it was just dark spotting after a month, I knew the bright red was my period. It came exactly 30 days after the abortion and lasted for 5 or 6. I have since had another regular period in Jan but am now having some strange spotting and waiting for period #3.

From what I know, the abortion causes your body to start over at 'day 1' of your cycle so 28 days later is very probably your period. I know its stressful to not understand what's happening to your body but I think that disruptions from the norm are more likely in the couple of months following and may not always have a clear cause.

I regret my abortion too and worried a lot about something damaging happening to body not to mention the emotional scars.

YOU have unlikely damages your body!

I ahve had 3 abortions, and also work in the healthcare field, I assure you my body is not damaged in the LEAST. I am very able to have children.

Abortion does not damage your body, the possible infection afterwards would be what causes problems.

Back in the illegal aboriton days, women did not get infertile from abortion, they became infertile because they got massive infections from unclean aboritons.

I just found out the bleeding is 26 days from the abortion. But my period used to be regular 28 days.

It is very light, does it because the uterus lining was disturbed during aboriton. So this time for the regular period, there is not much lining to be shed off?

I do regret so much. If I get a second chance, I would definitely not do it. This abortion might be the most stupid thing I've ever done in my life.

MTR wrote:

jenni wrote:

[/quote

Hi MTR
I was reading your post and just wanted to offer you some encouragement. I was trying to get into another forum and it led me to this forum. Keep your chin up, missie. You will probably go through a period of grieving and such, and this is normal. I used to counsel young ladies in post abortion recovery. If you feel "emotional scars", dont be afraid to express them. There are places which can offer you post abortion recovery. I will tell you from experience with these recoveries, it is a very freeing time to recover. You will kinow when you are ready. Be sure to explore all your options, and know that there are those of us out there, who will lift you up and help as much as we can, ok? One common concern I have seen is those who think judgement will be placed on them. To help someone recover from ANYTHING in life, there is NO PLACE FOR JUDGEMENT OR PERSONAL/POLITICAL AGENDAS. Im here to "listen". Bless you.
Hizgrace

hi was wonderin if any one can help me after my medical abortion i had 2 weeks of bleeding and then a two week break and have had heavy to lght bleeding for four weeks solid?? I s this normal? I'm a bit ashame to go to my doctor or talk to n e one about it as well!! I've also got pain in my left side i've read loads but cant see any thing about continuos bleeding?????

I am going through a similar situation. I had a medical abortion 3 weeks ago and experienced moderate to heavy bleeding for one week. I stopped after one week. About a week after the bleeding stopped, I began to have a brown discharge, changing to a bright red bleeding that has been light....interchanging from brown discharge to bright red. Although enough to wear a pantyliner...mostly the brown discharge. I do know that brown discharge indicates old blood. I am just wondering if this normal. The bleeding after the first round of bleeding is definitley not a period. It's too light and sporatic to be a menstrual cycle. I did receive an ultrasound after the medical abortion to confirm the termination. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help. S

I have had similar situations as you girls have experienced. I had a medical abortion a couple of months ago and have bleeding moderately since then. I went to the the clinic two weeks ago (December 2009), and they had notified me that I had fetal tissues that needed to be extracted. The fetal tissues or uterus linings is what is continuing the abnormal bleeding.

The clinic had mentioned to get a dilation and curettage procedure (D&C) (scraping of the uterus) to stop the bleeding. A D&C is a common procedure to help stop abnormal bleeding. Out of frustration and hopelessness, I had the procedure done. It was a terrifying process, but now, everything seems to be ok. I am still bleeding, but the blood is slowly turning light brown. The last time I had red blood was three days ago, which means that this D&C procedure is actually working...I am hoping that I do not see bright red blood! If I do, that means that there is an infection (according to the Doctor).

Within the past two months, it was really frustrating because bleeding was intermittent. One week the blood would be dark brown indicating old blood and another week the blood would turn bright red indicating new blood. Bleeding for 2 months was very upsetting... I probably bled red blood for 6 days and then brown for 3 days. Thereafter, it would turn bright red again.

I do not recommend doing the medical abortion..... I would prefer the D & C. If I had only done the D&C in the beginning, I wouldn't have had to go through two horrible procedures. If you want to take care of the excessive bleeding, you are going to have to get the D&C procedure done to stop the bleeding. If you guys want to know my results within the next couple of weeks, let me know and I'll keep you updated. But quite honestly, the D&C procedure is the way to go, unfortunately. If you want to know more information regarding the D&C procedure, I also dont mind walking you thru of what happens. In the mean time, GOOD LUCK! 8-|

For Caligirl2009

Can you please update your result after D&C , has bleeding stopped since then? what other steps have to do ? Appreciate.

hi my girl friend did an abortion on the 22nd of dec 2011 n up to now the bleeding not stop 30th january 2012.. she has being taking some medication to stop the bleeding n regulate the period. do u think the tabulate is having some effect on her body that y the bleeding cant stop?

on febuary 1 I have done an abortion bleed for two weeks in see my priod for a hole month take tablets to bring it it came about a week after since that my priod have been on me about three weeks now is there something round with me

Abortion pills.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I actually love dis post ,keep it up,nd thanks to the new moderator in here

hi its been 20 days n am still bleeding.. i do lot of work n little bit of workouts.. will this cause more bleeding??

Welcome to this forum...i love reading this forum post...thanks