i had abortion last may 09 i had a very little spotting for 12 days and after that i began bleeding like a normal period does.. im worried because i had been bleeding for 2 weeks straight now with clots.. is this normal or im worried that i had an incomplete abortion.. i mean tissues remaining in my uterus.. pls help ...carifairy what do u think???

DID you go back for your follow up visit after the abortion?

Bleeding is normal after an abortion, it is especially normal if you are active, or have a job that requires a lot of walking or standing.

IF you had tissue left in your uterus you would have had infection symptoms, which you would have known if they happened.

You should make an APPT for a follow up visit.

i have the same situation. I had an ab 2 weeks ago and i spotted for the first week and stopped the second week. all of a sudden, i started bleeding like a period flow again yesterday. i called and talked to some doctors in the hospital and they all said it's normal b/c your body is supposed to clean out the old stuff. is it the case? could a period come earlier? i read online that we should bleed no longer than 2-3 weeks and bleeding should only get lighter and never heavier. i'm very nervous and cried so much yesterday. please help.

You are OKAY.

You will bleed more as you become more active after the abortion, because working and exercise stimulates your body and uterus.

To stop the bleeding, or lessen it, lay down with your feet propped up. Just chill out and do not move.

I had an abortion on August 9th, I bled for intermittently for about a month. then on Sept 4th i started bleeding heavier i assumed it was period. today is Sept 17th and i haven't stop bleeding yet. I have no pain, cramps etc.

Its just frustrating because every time i think its slowing down or stopping it starts again. How much longer will i bleed? and is this my period or just post-abortion bleeding??

please help, i have no one to talk to about this and its very frustrating...

I talked to a doctor and the doctor said you could normally bleed for 6 to 8 weeks because your body has to go back to its normal stage before you were pregnant your uterus is still sheading tissue and this cause you to bleed.

I had an abortion in May 2008. I am still bleeding till this day today. I never stopped bleeding. Sometimes its really lite then very heavy, but always constant. I have seen doctors, but havent got really a clear answer. My doctor put me on depo shot to see if that would stop the bleeding but that didnt work either. What should I do now?

if u r still bleeding heavy then take tab. sylate T morning and night for 3 days if bleeding stops discontinue tablets, if further does not stop bleeding even after taking meddicine then go to hi tech lab. and get it done test of Bets HCG test and if the test shows normal and bleeding persists u need to go to qualified gynaecologist for DMC therapy.

I had an abortion once myself, when i had it I was three months two weeks pregnant which was a very risky thing to do but I came out of it okay and my doctor had advised me to take some supplements to help build back my blood because I had lost a lot of it. After the abortion I have a lot of pain and bleed alot but it had stop and I feel fine now.

I think normal after you have an abortion you period may be heavier because the body is adjusting to what had just happened, for instance your body was preparing itself for a baby which is no longer present, so it has to re -adjust.

but there is no need to worry but if you are consult with a doctor.

I had an abortion 2weeks ago- i stopped bleeding nearly completely but Then my husband and I had sex for the first time since and the next day the bleeding started again very heavily?

i had an abortion last december 17

i bled for 3 days and then there's little blood spots every now and then..is that normal

also just last week, i thought i had my normal period but it was heavy..to the point that when i stand up, the blood would just rush and bleed down up to my legs

i also feel uncomfortable in my abdominal area

i really dont know what to do, my mom doesnt know this and well im the only one who knows, i took cytotec for it and it was only a month pregnancy

still im worried, i cant see a doctor since my mom would know plus im scared of what other people will think of me

i really need help

I just want to know why so many women are worried about bleeding weeks after an abortion. I had info given to me on paper and through a counselor before the procedure.

Bleeding after sex soon after an abortion is normal. Orgasms cause contractions of the uterus. (not to mention the pressure from an inserted penis pushing you around inside).

For heavy bleeding: If you soak 2 pads or more per hour for at least 2 hours, you have to get help. This is too much bleeding. Other than that, just keep plenty of pads. Try wearing overnights instead of regulars. For cramping/ abdominal pain my doctor approved 800mg of IB profin for pain relief. That's usually 4 single pills (granted most pills are 200mg piece). Don't take another dose for another 6-8 hours.

Don't fear ladies, just make sure you take care of yourself and finish the antibiotics. :-)

everytime my partner and I have sex since I had an abortion 3 weeks ago I start heavily bleeding again - I understand that this is normal I just want to know when this will eventuallly stop and when it is going to be okay to have regular sex again?
:-)

i had abortion wen i was 13 weeks last june i had problems after has they left things in side still 2 this day im stil havein brown dark blood? every day and if i have sex il bleed seen my doc a few times but get no wer and its been nearly a year on

I've had this same problem, I had an abortion just over 2 weeks ago - I'm still bleeding now 17 days later, I have been to the doctors and the hospital and they've said it's just your body getting back to normal...I wouldn't worry about it unless you start getting bad cramps and extremely heavy bleeding.