I have yellowish discharge after abortion? Help? .

That sounds very unusual. How long ago did you have an abortion? Did they tell you about any side effects or anything to expect after? It sounds to me like this is a situation you want to tell your doctor about. It may turn out to be nothing, but I think it'd be better to have a professional opinion on that. Either way, it's very strange. I hope that you find out soon. Please keep us posted on the diagnosis!

They told me everything looked normal then I asked the gynecolologist what the discharge may be she said maybe a bacterial infection. I have to have a pap smear done early next week. I'm worried it might be an std or something bad that's the only symptom I have . So I just have to wait and see. :-(

Hi:
It seems as though you would be seen earlier than next week, considering your history. Is there some way that you can make that happen, especially since you are having problems, i.e. a possible infection. This sounds odd to me. I would suggest that you contact your ob/gyn right away. It sounds like you might be in a lot of discomfort. Did the doctor prescribe anything for the possible infection or do you just have to wait to go back? Let us know what happens...Try to get an earlier appointment.

Discomfort. Its like the normal vaginal discharge that I usually get but more off white than white so I'm just worried it might be something that I don't know about.I have to wait till next week because that was the soonest appt I could get. I had that discharge when I got preagnant right before the abortion also. What do you think it could be?

Hi Again:
I was concerned for you because the doctor said that it could be an infection (because of the color). If you're not uncomfortable and you are pleased with your doctor, of course you should listen to her/him. I am not a doctor. If you don't have other symptoms like itching, etc., then it sounds like you are comfortable waiting. If you are worried, you should go earlier if possible...I hope that you will get your answers soon. :-)

Std's sometimes are dorment and I don't want to be infected with anything. Its scary to even think about something like that.thanks.

It has got to be more scary for you without answers. You will feel better no matter what the answer is because you will be able to take control of the situation. Please go and get tested, then let me know what you find out. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Hi Spottydotty:
What were the results our pap smear? The news has to be better than the worrying, if that makes sense. Was there also an std? If so, what treatment were you given? I hope that you actually went to a doctor. If not, PLEASE go asap. Has the discharge cleared up? If not, I hope that you will continue to seek out answers. Please let me know what has happened since your last post. I hope that all is well now. Please let me know.

i have the same problem going on. 

Hello I am also having the same problems I recently had an abortion and now im having this strang stuff coming out of me and i dont think that it is normal at all it looks like meat weird right? i didnt have the best experience that i should haved and i believe that something is wrong im in alot of pain and i dont believe that this is normal i have asked alot of people and they say the same ting

i have had a medical abortion about 6 weeks ago and since the abortion, my discharge has been a yellow colour. the doctor gave me candidal for yeast infection and it still has the same colour. i am also worried because there are other symptoms like lower abdominal pain esp the left side and cramps. i intend to go to the doctor ASAP, so i advice that you should visit your doctor ASAP as well and good luck

I went to marie stopes for abortion almost 2 weeks ago.i was told only spotty blood ill see after that.but I've been having clogs of blood coming out.i went back today.the nurse told me there's some staff remaining in my womb as she put me on a scan again.then I had to undergo the same process as the 1st trauma.when she finished and I was wiping myself. I saw some sort of yellow liquid in my vagina.after that she told me I must pay 150 rands to get antibiotic in case I get infected.then she gave me 1 tablet to drink immediately after eating,4 fragile to take before sleep and another one to take once a day.if I do get infected because of the unfinished cleaning. That should be marie stopes problems. Why do I have to pay after their negligence. I paid 1600 for the initial consultation. Plus 150.now I must go back for insertion of the loop as she took it off today. I even wonder if the nurses are certified to do abortion. I'm worried.

I have the same thing. what did the doctor say

Same problem. What shouldi do? A had my abortion 2 months and 3weeks ago.