I was diagnosed from my Dr with BV I had a very strong fishy smell and lots of itching. I thought for the longest time that I was getting repeated yeast infections. So I was treating with over the counter stuff for yeast which would help for a while. The smell got so bad that it would even stay in my panties after washing them. So I was constantly throwing them away. So I was on the metrondizole pill for 7 days and could not tell it did a thing. So then my Dr perscribed me the gel for 5 days. I can tell the odor is better but not completely gone away. So my Dr has prescribed another 5 day round of treatment. She said that sometimes people have a really bad infection and have to be treated for a month. Is this normal has any body else ever experienced this? Over the past two days. I am having some abdominal pain at night and lots of clear.discharge which I figure is the gel coming back out?

Yes, that could be BV. BV can cause these symptoms. Actually, this disease can recur easily. You'd better choose a medicine that can eradicate this disease. Herbal medicine (f uyanpill) can be a good choice. Though it may work slowly, it can eradicate BV and doesn't have any side effects. .. I hope it can help you.

Actually, there're lots women are bothered by stubborn BV and couldn't find their way out. Maybe you could try these home remedies:

Vitamin E - This vitamin has been shown to be an effective BV treatment, and you can actually get it in a topical form. This means you can use it as a cream and apply it directly to the affected area.

Douching - Restoring your "vaginal PH" will stop bacteria from growing and harming the good bacteria that you do need. You can use either a boric acid douche treatment, or a vinegar douche by mixing a tablespoon of vinegar to 1/4th a cup of warm water.

Yogurt - You can actually apply yogurt (plain yogurt only) to the affective area. Yogurt will also bring back the balance of good and bad bacteria. Eating a few cups a day will help, but you can also apply it directly by inserting a yogurt soaked tampon for about an hour.

Besides, it's worth noting that BV sometimes develops drug resistence and so  that can't be cured by antibiotics any more. You could consider an alternative therapy. To know more you could google"99eyao". I think the online doctor may help you. Hope it helps!