I am a basically healthy 24 year old with no history of yeast infections, except for lately. I had one during the summer, so roughly 6 months ago, and I think it was because I was doing a LOT of walking outdoors in jeans in the 90+ degree summer heat. So I think that had something to do with it. I used a 1-day monistat and it cleared up. Since then, I was diagnosed by a doctor as 'pre-diabetic', which I am unsure of the actual meaning. I DO NOT have any type of diabetes, but am on a medication to regulate blood sugar, for the purpose of weight loss. I had no problems with my vagina until about a month ago.

It started as just mild irritation and itching, which I attributed to shaving. But it developed over to weeks into very painful, extreme itching that caused me to scratch until I was bleeding. The itch is on my labia, both the outer and inner, as well as my actual vaginal opening. It is now seeming to spread to my perenium, and the top of my buttcrack is red and sore. Other than the itching, I don't have the typical white, thick discharge associated with a yeast infection, but I didn't the last time either. There is a slightly white/yellowish discharge and some odor, but nothing really more than usual. (lets be honest, every vagina has some kind of smell.) i wouldn't say the odor is particularly foul or fishy, just strong.

I have pap smears done regularly, and they always come back normal and healthy. I am in a long term relationship with a healthy, STI free man for 6 years. I did have one other sexual partner about a year ago, who I am 98% sure was STI free, and we used a condom the one time we had sex. I am almost positive I don't have an STI, but have not been tested. I have an appointment with my OBGYN in 4 days, but I'm hoping someone has had similar problems and can shed light on this. It seems like a typical fungal infection from my research, but I'm freakin out that it could be anything for a yeast infection to chlymidia. So anyone and everyone with advice, please post! I appreciate it much!

Yeast infection and BV are caused by bacteria and the symptoms are similar. These two diseases can recur easily. Don't worry too much. The herbal medicine named . pill can help you. Though it may work slowly, it can eradicate this disease and doesn't have any side effects. .. I hope it can help you.

what did your doctor say aboutt this????