okay here goes...over the past 3 years ive been going to free health clinics getting tested for std's bc ive been having abnormal discharge and each time my tests came back negative. i also got tested for hiv hpv and herpes each time i got tested. now last year in nov i got tested again and the doctor sd that i had bacterial vaginosis. he sd it wasnt sexually trasnmitted so i said fine and i took the mediciine that he gave me. so being that he said it "wasnt" sexually transmitted i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and a week later i had abnormal discharge again. i called my doctor and informed him and he gave me some pills to take along with the gel (metranidozle) and the pills made me sick. after that i was fine and i continued to have sex with my boyfriend with a condom. now recently a week ago we didnt use protection bc we didnt have any and now im having the same results. i went to my doctor today and he told me that he didnt find any abnormal discharge or any bacteria in my cervix or anything. i asked my boyfriend if he's had any discomfort and he said no and he's also got checked out since weve been together. i asked the doctor what could be wrong with me he sd that i may have chlamydia and its just not showing up in our test results. now this his weird bc ive been getting tested for 3 years and nothing has ever been showing up yet im still getting foul smelling discharge. so he gave me some pills that treats chlamydia. and the pills that he gave me the last time treated it but made me sick. so could i have an std and it not show up?? this is rediculous and im very scared.

What was prescribed for the possible Chlamydia? Did both you and your partner take it? Did it work? Are you still getting BV?

I have been having the same problem for years with my girlfriend. If we have unprotected sex, she gets bacteria vaginitis. I went to several doctors and most tell me that it's impossible for men to carry BV because it's a PH balance change and over grow of bacteria in the vagina. I wonder what changes the PH balance. My partner can get BV even if I don’t orgasm. If semen, sperm, or skin is changing the PH balance what can be done about it?

but its been going on for only 4 weeks and my vagina burns on the inside 24/7 and im very scared too so did you figure out whats wrong and what i should do plz help me :'(

Bacteria Vaginosis and Bacteria Vaginitis are not the same thing. Vaginosis is caused by an imbalance in the natural bacteria in the vagina. This does indeed cause a PH imbalance, thus, the male would not carry it. Whereas, Vaginitis, is an STD. This could be carried by either party and, as with any STD, should be treated as soon as possible; as it could cause more harm later on down the road. Ask your difference to explain more about the difference between Vaginitis and Vaginosis if you are confused about the two. I hope this helps

I am 56 years old and I just started having BV since Dec. I am frustrated because I can't find any information to help me with this issue.
I wish the medical field would take our issues seriously.
When I was younger I had a lot of recurring yeast infection until I took the herbal root. I think I will try herbs for this problem,too. 8-|

Ok, I want to shout this from the rooftops. I tried it, it works. Like really, really works. No smell, no itch, no gushing discharge, no more embarressment, WORKS.
And I even have REAL scientfic evidence to back it up. So forget what you've heard about NEVER douching. THIS ONE TIME, THIS ONE WAY IS OK!

Use an empy douche bottle or 30cc syringe, fill with hydrogen peroxide, and squirt er up there. Kinda try to hold it in for a while, and then let her loose. Do it every night for a week. If it burns a little, then there is organic matter up ther (like dried blood and gunk). You can dilute the HP with water, and it will take care of the burn. After your week is up, use it for maintnence. How ever often you need to- if you get funky after sex, just do a quick cleanse, and you'll be good. No more relapses, no more going to the doc every month, no more wasting money on expensive flagyl and gel etc.
Good luck, and get ready to be confident about your lady parts again! :)
Minerva Ginecol. 2003 Dec;55(6):483-92.

Utilisation of hydrogen peroxide in the treatment of recurrent bacterial vaginosis.
[Article in English, Italian]

Cardone A, Zarcone R, Borrelli A, Di Cunzolo A, Russo A, Tartaglia E.

1st Obstetric and Gynecologic Clinic, Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Neonatology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy.

AIM: The authors have evaluated the real efficacy of using hydrogen peroxide for previously treated recurrent bacterial vaginosis that is resistant to other forms of treatment. METHODS: The study included 58 women aged between 18 and 42 years old. Vaginal irrigations with 30 ml of hydrogen peroxide (3%) were prescribed in the evening for a week. The follow-up was carried out 3 months after the end of treatment. RESULTS: The results clearly show that the use of hydrogen peroxide in vagina can eliminate the main symptoms of bacterial vaginosis, and in particular the malodorous leucoxanthorrhea in 89% of cases at 3 months after the end of treatment, a result that is comparable to that obtained using metronidazole or clindamycin as a vaginal cream. Moreover, hydrogen peroxide facilitates the restoration of normal vaginal bacterial flora (represented by H202-producing lactobacillus) in 100% of cases and normal acid pH (pH<4.5) in 98% of cases; it also fosters the disappearance of clue cells from vaginal smears and anaerobic pathogenic flora from vaginal secretions in 100% of cases. The amine test became negative in 97.8% of cases. All results underwent statistical analysis and were found to be statistically significant. CONCLUSION: Hydrogen peroxide represents a valid alternative to conventional treatments for recurrent bacterial vaginosis, and associates the absence of collateral effects with low costs, excellent tolerability and real therapeutic efficacy.

Okay I have been struggleing with recurrent BV for almost 10 years now. I had tried everything and because I kept getting it back my Dr. even treated my husband...and then of course I still got it back. I recently was prescribed boric acid vaginal suppositories. originally I was supposed to use one everyday for 14 days and so I did this and the BV came back so then my Dr said to use a suppository every time I get a the symptoms and after my period and after intercourse....I have been doing this for over a year now and I am telling you it works...so ask your Dr. about Boric acid suppositories. It has been a lifesaver for me. And to top it all off I used to get UTI's all the time...I think from an overflow of the bacteria and I havnt had one since I have been BV free and using the suppositories.

I suffered from the same problem for about 5 years, and was able to get rid of it in days. I simply stopped using shower gels and bubble baths to wash my vagina, these things change the ph balance in your vagina and get rid of the good bacteria that fights off the bad bacteria. Soap washes that they sell in shops specifically for the vagina such as femfresh or vagisil are NO GOOD and will not help. PLEASE TAKE HEAD, THIS IS SIMPLE AND WORKS. You don't ned to douche or take any medication, simply wash your vagina with just water, I repeat JUST water or Aqueous Cream do not wash the inside of your vagina, that is when the PH balance gets tampered with and you will become infected again. Believe me you will see a massive improvement in just 3 days.
When my nurse first told me the problem was that I was using shower gels etc, and the vagina was self cleaning I thought she was crazy but believe me since I started to take her advice I have not had any smelly discharge. I feel like a new woman.

I have been getting them for years. My doc told me too stop taking bubble baths and other things that was the cause of it. :-D

so im suffering from all that.... in feb i had chlamydia. 2 Weeks ago i was diagnosed with BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, i now received a call from my doc today that have abnormal cells after a pap exam.. I have HPV, i have no clue what to do??? im stressing im frustrated and wondering do I tell my 4 month bf, i would but he might hate me. I understand my past sexual exp put me here but i try and i dont have as many sex partners, idk what to do>................................................ :'( :'( :'(

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. im gonna have a blood test next week im soo scared ! %-)

THIS IS THE TRUTH AND THE SURE CURE FOR BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS AND IM NOT EVEN KIDDING OR OVER EXAGGERATING!!!!!! I USED THIS PRODUCT ONCE AND IT TOOK CARE OF MY PERSISTANT AND NAGGINGGGGGGGGGGG BV SYMPTOMS! LADIES BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL U IF U SUFFER FROM THIS PROGRAM FEMMESIL <-------- WILL GET RID OF THIS PROBLEM!!! YOU CAN GOOGLE IT IF YOUD LIKE BUT THIS IS THE DIRECT WEBSITE THT SELLS THIS AMAZING PRODUCT---> ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
YOU will not regret it i SWEAR TO U ive told ALL my friends about this JUST BECAUSE! lol really guys, im happy to share the knowledge though seriously. they have tons of testimonials on the website too. this product is amazing gets rid of tht bv and has ur vagina feelin brand new lol no really! :D :D

Whoever said vaginits and vaginosis aren't the same in this post, worded it really funny. I went to my doctor to treat my recurring BV and they gave me a pamphlet on types of vaginitis. Bacterial VAGINOSIS is a type of VAGINITIS, one of four common types of Vaginitis. BV usually comes from a change in sex partners, I know with me, my recent change in sex partners plus unprotected sex has triggered my BV every time I have sex with him. I've researched high and low for ways to completely rid myself of BV. Antibiotics work to get rid of the bacterial infection, however it gets rid of both good and bad bacteria. So, if you have unprotected sex once you finish your dose of antibiotics it is likely that BV will come back (and keep coming back), especially if you're like me and happened to have unprotected sex w/your partner before you were treated for BV.

One method I've researched to completely rid yourself of BV is to start taking probiotics after your BV has been "treated" by the antibiotics. Probiotics put good bacteria back into your body, and some are made specifically to regulate vaginal health and maintain a normal vaginal pH. For instance, one that I have heard of that's really good that I'm going to try once I finish my antibiotics is ProB by Rephresh. It's pretty expensive ($30), but from what I've researched theyve worked for a lot of women who have had BV, especially recurring BV. However, if the $30 fee is more than you can afford, there are health stores (like GNC) that sell generic brands of probiotics. There are two specific strains of probiotic in the rephresh pills (can't remember the names off the top of my head, starts with an "L") but they are two strains that target vaginal health, so if you go to a health store look for something along those lines. So definitely research probiotics and give them a try and see if they work. It can't hurt. But of course I'm no professional, but as much research as I've done on this and as many times as I've been to the doctor for BV, I might as well be. :-)

I to have the same problem now every time I have sex with my bf I get a very bad infection....itchy burning....it sucks....most likely one of you is carrying the hpv virus...one of the lower strains of the hpv virus...I know this bcuz I just had a baby with my bf and while pregnant I got a very bad case of genital warts and tested for hpv and came back + the gyno said it only came out bcuz I was preg n my immune system was lower cuz of the baby and and my 1st check up for the baby I had a normal pap.....before this b4 I came out of a 15 year marriage where no one ever cheated and I always had a normal paps.....so that leaves the bf who I hadn't been with very long at all b4 I became preg.....so I hope this helps you bcuz your paps will show up normal.....

i had chlamydia and u can get rid of it

THIS HEALING FOR BACATERIAL VAGINOSIS HAS HELPED ME !

Now clearly poor diet plays a role in disease, and in female reproductive diseases, the culprits are usually the same dairy products (cheese, ice cream, sour cream, butter, and yogurt); animal flesh/meat (pork, chicken, turkey, fish, lamb, beef, and seafood); refined grains (pastries donuts, cookies, cakes; bagels, bread, crackers, etc.); refined starches (potato chips, French fries, etc.) in addition to sugar, salt, chemical preservatives, and a host of other harmful products.

A sufferer of bacterial vaginosis should fast for a day or two, followed by modifying the diet (raw foods provisionally and then after relief or healing, subsequently strict vegan). Vegetable juice should be consumed daily and should contain parsley, cilantro, garlic, and ginger in addition to other green veggies. The less cooked foods the better!

Drink plenty of water.

Do not wear tight clothing! Tight clothing, especially tight pants, chokes the vagina and prevents it from breathing. The vagina is a breathing orifice by nature and needs oxygen. Lack of oxygen causes anaerobia.