My 3 year old has been diagnosed with c-diff we are on the 2nd round of Flaygel, Is it common in toddlers? will the medicine get rid of the infection?

most stomach bugs are common in children as they have immune systems that havent been exposed to many illnesses yet.

i would assume the medicine they have given you will get rid of the bug

The problem with C-diff is that it isn't the same as a lot of other stomach bugs. Do a bit of reading about it. It doesn't always respond well to antibiotics and sometimes people have to take several rounds of severl different things in order to get rid of it...even after al of that there is a pretty big chance of relapsing.

Culturelle for kids...a probiotic. Will help.

Hallo,
C diff is bacterial infection which is triggered when you use antibiotics if I am not mistaking. Now I know that this is very complicated for your child but you have to understand that the good thing is that your child is on the treatment already. The fact is that your child can’t have antibiotics in order to treat the infection. Also the child needs to be well hydrated so avoid any dehydration and try to correct the electrolyte deficiency. You will be able to only use antibiotics that eradicate the C diff bacterium. I hope that this helped you in any way and that you child will get better soon.

All the best to you,
Karen