Hi, my daughter was diagnosed with CF, and she is only two years old. I don’t know how the other parents cope with this, but I don’t know if I will be able to handle it. How common are chronic condition by toddlers?

Hi, my daughter is a toddler too, and she has CF. I heard that only in United States 2,500 babies are born with this chronic disorder each tear. My daughter is 20 months old, and she already has breathing difficulties, lung damages and sticky mucus that clogs the lungs. It is so hard to watch her struggle every single day with CF, she is still so little. I don’t think that other chronic diseases are easier. Unfortunately, many toddlers have diabetes, hepatitis, psoriasis, and many other chronic diseases. To get CF, child has to inherit one defective cystic fibrosis gene from their father and one from their mother. I guess this makes me feel even worse, even that I know it’s not my fault.