My 3 year old is having a constant urge to urinate. Most of the time, it is just a drip or nothing at all. What could be causing this problem?

Most likely that's a bladder infection. It's extremely irritating & can also be extremely painful. It NEEDS treatment. Your toddler needs to see a doctor ASAP. !

Well,
If I am not mistaking your son is having problems with urinary tract infection. You have to understand that urinary tract infections are very common in toddlers. The urinary tract infection is usually caused by bacteria in your son’s kidneys or bladder. Bacteria can also be presented in urethra or ureters. If you see a doctor he will most likely prescribe you some antibiotics because antibiotics are very effective against urinary tract infection. However don’t by antibiotics on your own before you get prescription because some antibiotics might be to strong for your two year old. Have you noticed any temperature in your toddler? I hope that your kid will be well soon.

All the best,
Nelie