Completely by chance, I just found out that there is such a thing as cellulitis of the eyelid. I had never heard of this before but it sounds rather nasty! Can you please tell me if cellulitis of the eyelid is dangerous? And how do they normally treat it, if there is any treatment around for this?

While many people don't know about the existence of cellulitis of the eyelid, in can sometimes lead to complications and is by no means harmless. Normally cellulitis of the eyelid is treated with antibiotics, but if those do not start working immediately, IV antibiotic treatment sometimes needs to be administered to the patient.

Hallo,
I think that cellulites of the eye is also called preseptal cellulites and it is very common infection of the eyelid. This is a bacterial infection which needs immediate attention and medical care. I am not sure but I think that only antibiotics will be very helpful. But if the problem is more severe you will need to have a surgery to get rid of the this problem. You have to understand that this can not be done at hoe so you will have to see your doctor in order to get rid of this. I hope that you will be better and that you will get rid of this as soon as possible.

All the best to you,
Karen