Hello, folks. My friend’s kid has been diagnosed with ADHD. I really don’t know much about this disorder and I would like to change that in order to be able to help. I would like to know how long it can last. Can anyone tell me this? I would appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hi, there. ADHD is not a life threatening disorder. You don’t have to worry about that. Many of these kids outgrow this. Some of them develop coping skills. For most of them, ADHD lasts till adulthood. I am not sure what you would like to know more. If you want to find out details, you can contact an expert. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hello. I would agree with the previous post. However, I would add something. Many of these kids do not get a high-school diploma. Many of them are drop outs. You must understand that it is logical due to the nature of the disease. There are some special schools for these kids. I think it is important to understand them and give them opportunity to get a certain diploma. I hope your friend’s kid will be all right. Bye!

Drop out? I'm a teenager with ADHD and have no plans of dropping out. I get straight A's and want to be an English teacher when I grow older. So many act like children who are identified with certain things are unable to think. We are bright children. So we can't sit still and hold concentration well? I'd say I'm doing pretty well. With all things it takes time and determination. We are just like anyone else. I am not being rude by this it just burns me up that so many adults look down on us because we're defined as a certain thing and have certain disabilities. We're just like anyone else and we deserve an opportunity as well. I go to a private school that works off of college classes. I don't have any plans of dropping out. Don't judge someone or something until you have been in their shoes. We are brilliant children we just need a chance. Again I'm not being rude by this I'm only standing up for myself and so many other children that have been told they can't do anything. My younger sister had a learning disability and was told she'd never make it past 2nd grade and now she's in 7th and making A's and B's. Everyone deserves a chance. Don't tell a child they can't do something. As one myself and only being 15 I know that if you do that they will figure, "Why care? They expect me to be nothing anyway." That is not the right attitude. Anyone can do something if they set there mind to it! Be strong and never give up!
Xoxo, Love Blair. Please and thank you.

I agree with you Blair. My cousin has ADHD and his parents never understood him and made him feel so small and feel like he wasn't good enough for anything. Becuz of this he lashed out and became wild in his late teens going out and all and he was kicked out. My parents took him in and we understood him and knew his personality. Hestill lives with us two years later, has a great job and has a lovely girlfriend.... Those with ADHD just needto be understood and giventhe opportunity to sore and make something of themselves. My cousin is no different than me or you but it'll take time for ppl to be educated on this. It's great that hasheem has asked and not prejudged and I think hasheem that all u need is a little patience and time with the child....

I agree with you guys. I'm 13 and i have ADHD and other disorders and i get b's a's and some c's in school I'm going into 7th grade and don't plan on droping out. I go to online school only because i have Tourettes, I think minor ocd don't know if i got any others. hopefully not :)